• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Second hand Toda?

My mate is currently looking for an evo and when he finds the one he is after he is offering me first choice on his toda manifold.

He bought this second hand for £400 and it is currently heat wrapped. I was all for this until someone mentioned that it doesn't have a flexi pipe. He already broke the exhaust pipe as he didn't have the engine mounts fitted so now his exhaust sits futher into the bumper. He is a mechanic so I think he would spot any problems with it and he wouldn't knowingly sell me something faulty - which I'm sure it's not.

So is it safer for me to buy a dc manifold (new or second hand) as they have the flexi pipe or should I go for the toda and if so what should I be looking to pay for it?

Wouldn't personally run the Toda without the flexi, if hes willing to sell it cheap buy it and get a flexi put back in, gains will be better then the DCRH.

^^ Cheers mate,

I dont actually know if he does or doesnt have the flexi, I was just speaking to someone with a dc5 and thats the reason they said they wouldnt get the toda as it didnt have one - I just assumed it was the same for the r

Are you saying that specific toda header doesn't have a flexi or the Toda mani in general?

The Toda manifold has a Flexi in general, would seem strange to chop it out and fit a piece of pipe instead?

^^:oops: Eh he made out like toda manifolds in general.

Nah they've got a flexi pipe as a standard thing:

product_k20a_exhaustmanifol[1].jpg

It's normally at the flexi pipe that they can break if it's used without stiffer engine mounts:)

When I was talking to TerryCTR about this, I was saying how I would by the BuddyClub Manifold over the Toda.

Cracking is common with the toda manifold without ETD and uprated mounts, I have heard off them cracking even with these upgrades.

BuddyClub manifold is a very similar design to the Toda but has flexi points on the actual manifold which are designed to stop the cracking problem.

http://www.buddyclub.us/buddyclub/top_m.html

^^ Cheers mate,

I knew I would have got it wrong :oops:

I'm starting to think I should just go for a dc mani now.

My mate's did crack but like I mentioned I think it was the actual exhaust and not the manifold itself. Knowing my luck I would get it and it would fcuk up

I'll see what I can do ;)

Remember you'll need to get the uprated engine mounts to keep the DC Sports warranty, they are only £20 anyway! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had some trouble with my sensor on my mani yesterday, trying to get it off. The flexi pipe is very strong yet flexes quite a bit, makes you see how muh pressure the engine puts on it.

I'll see what I can do ;)

Remember you'll need to get the uprated engine mounts to keep the DC Sports warranty, they are only £20 anyway! :)

Nice one ;)

Yeah I know mate wouldn't fit one without the mounts. Colin is driving his without :eek:

To be honest he did try but couldn't get them to stay in they kept popping out. He crawls everywhere so it will be ok then but when he goes out a blast then obviously it's not so clever

The DC Sports is probs the best value manifold out there, but if you can get a toda for the same money then i would always take the toda!!

The ETD reduces movement of the engine for quicker response, also reduces chances of cracking your exhaust manifold but causes vibration in the cabin.

If you get both engine mounts done, you will also have more noise and vibration in the cabin, which is quite noticeable

I need ETD and mounts cause my exhaust keeps hitting off the bottom of my car with the engine moving :(

Back