• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sequential gearbox?

Can the standard CTR gearbox be used as a sequential gearbox, if a sequential shifter is used?
Or does the whole gearbox need to be a sequential one?

I saw a stripped out track CTR at JAE, which had a sequential shifter on the floor, but I have no idea if it had a sequential box as well.

Cheers,

Tim.

I'm sure with someone clever engineering a sequential shift linkage could be made but you'd still have to use the clutch for every gear change. To have it a true sequential, clutchless gearchange then you'd need a completely different type of gear kit although it might fit in the standard casing?

From what I know u will need a complete kit for a full none clutch gear change

Holinger will make you a custome one for around £22,000 yer that is twenty two thousand :) If your interested.

Quaife also make different gearkits for the EP3 and also make a dog box what Paul Jones from TDI North has fitted to his car

Tarticus said:
Holinger will make you a custome one for around £22,000 yer that is twenty two thousand :) If your interested.

Interested but only if I win the lottery. :shock:

The stripped out ctr you saw at Jae belonged to a friend of mine Jonathon Holloway, be races in production S1 Britcar and last week finished in the top 10 in the 24hrs at silverstone.
I can confirm this is NOT a sequential shifter it is the std h shift, only on a fabricated mount due to moving the seat position the original shift position was not suitable.

I have been investigating this for a while to help prevent miss shifts and have been looking at adapting an evo or similar unit, but at £1000 just for the shifter mech without knowing if it can be done is too much money.

Mardi Gras at Silverstone can supply sequential gb for a lovely £15k

C&S Evo7 said:
The stripped out ctr you saw at Jae belonged to a friend of mine Jonathon Holloway, be races in production S1 Britcar and last week finished in the top 10 in the 24hrs at silverstone.
I can confirm this is NOT a sequential shifter it is the std h shift, only on a fabricated mount due to moving the seat position the original shift position was not suitable.

I have been investigating this for a while to help prevent miss shifts and have been looking at adapting an evo or similar unit, but at £1000 just for the shifter mech without knowing if it can be done is too much money.

Ah cheers, then it's the same method that Alpine used in their Si demo car.

Too much money for proper sequentials.

Tim.

Back