• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

serious knocking on coilovers

ive had my coilovers on for a good month had them all tracked up front and rear camber etc , recently last couple of days im getting serious knocking! had the car on the ramp checked track rod ends and top mount done up as tight as it can with air gun driveshafts ect seem fine , any ideas as its realy baffled me :confused:

what make are they?. i had problems with my meister r ones on the front(due to not greasing them up before install oops) things to try, ensure the top shock bolt/nut is tight(in the middle of the 3 that hold it to the car under bonnet) impact wrench is best for that. remove the shocks from car remove the springs and clean up the spring seats and grease before refitting. when the springs are off check the damper rod is tight no side to side movement and check its not pushing in and out too easily, i also found spraying some white grease under the dust covers onto the damper rod helps it work more flush. try that and see how you get on as i did all that to mine and been perfect since hope this may help

Yep, if it is coilovers it can be the top "locking" nut.
Make sure that is nice and tight and that will eliminate one of the most common place for noise...
Then you can work your way down the list of other things that can cause noise.

cheers for that liam it did get beter when i retightened the top mount bolt with the air gun , i will use a impact wrench when i get the car next on the ramp but im going to take them of as well and grease them up as i didnt do that either ! thanks for the reply guys

Back