• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Service advice - parts required - please help

Hi all,
im looking to service my 2003 pre-facelift honda civic type r.
Its standard other than a remap and k&n filter.
The car has only done 57k but i want to do the 62,500 mile service as all services have been completed early.
What parts would i need to replace at this point?
I was also thinking about fitting Iridium plugs and Magnecore leads. Anyone know the best place to get this?
Any certain oil filter better than others? What oil would you recommend.
etc
Thank guys, im sure this has all been asked before but couldnt find a suitable thread for me.

RTFM. It's all in there.

You've already got Iridium plugs in the Civic as standard, so I would only change them when they need to be, which is your 72,000 mile service.

As far as I know its just a basic oil and filter change.
5w40 Silkolene Pro-S is a fully synthetic oil of choice on here. Or Fuchs Supersyn as I think its called now.
Honda charged me £180 for this service a couple of weeks ago.

Oil will set you back £50 if you buy your own, filter £10.
All depends on how prospective buyer would feel when you come to sell having serviced it yourself.

If you do this, keep a copy of the receipts for the parts you buy and make a note and put it in the service book.

thanks alot for that, im probably going to purchase the parts and have a good garage i know fit it so i get my stamp in the book but dont spend too much :)

If i wanted to go plugs anyway what would people suggest?
Also does anyone have or rate magnecore leads well?
Thanks

Back