• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Service advice

I own a 54 plate CTR. Had my 1st MOT a bit back. I change my own oil. I have about 18,000k 'on clock'.
My brake pads are not that worn but new ones would be nice. I need the tappets setting I believe @ this time. Can anyone reccomend me where to go for this service. Does it have to be my Local Honda stealer or can system-R set tappets up ect? I'm in Yorkshire area.
Please advise.

Any decent garage can do the tappets m8, Best to leave it there overnight so the engine is Steve Austin in the morning

When i took mine to ABP i questioned them about the tappets (as i had a long drive up) and they said that they wouldn't need doing, and that 99% of the Type-R's they serviced didn't need their tappets doing!

Tappets wil not need doing @ 18k fella - 72,000 mile service is the first tappet adjustment iirc.

Back