• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Service and Screenwash

Not a major deal but I am a little peed.

Took the Civic for its second service today. Like most weekends I washed it yesterday and filled the screenwash reservoir up.

When I went to collect my car this evening I was presented with a charge of £1.30 plus VAT for screen wash. When I questioned this the service guy said that they drain the tank and replace it with "Honda" screen wash as part of the service. I was a little annoyed as I pay about £2.99 for a huge bottle of the stuff at Costco.

When I get to my car their is a very small bottle of blue screen wash (non Honda) on the seat. I checked under the bonnet and sure enough the green wash I put in the car yesterday was still in the tank full to the brim as I left it.

It's not the cost as much, just the fact the service guy told me total BS about what they did and was very shirty about it - makes me wonder what else they havn't done! :roll:

Least I can't see an bodywork damage caused by them this time!

Report them to the police for taking monies with menace. Joking aside certainly speak to the service manager.

I'd make a complaint to the service manager chap. As you say if they've spun you a yarn about the screen wash, what else are they bullsh1tting about??

I got stung like that last month.......thing is I didn't notice it untill they send me the printed invoice in the post......I had a hand written one at the stealers because the computer network was fooked. :evil:

I too get charged for this everytime mine is serviced and I know full well my screenwash bottle is already full to the brim, but the receptionist is too damn fit for me to notice when I'm signing the chitty. :shock:

Fookin Honda Stealers mate, the franchise agreements are so slack that they can get away with BS like this, complain to Honda GB! Lets see if we cant get them to impliment a better DMS throughout the brand!

They tried to do a similar thing to me, but when I said:

"Look I'm not being funny, but I assure you I filled up the screen wash, so you WOULDN'T charge me for it and I'm not paying for something that didnt need to be done" they were ok about it.

After all as I explained to the guy........ I know my way around cars and I certainly know whether or not I filled up my damned screen wash pal.

Then I inserted a pencil up his nostril, gave him a wedgy, smacked anotehr sales assistant over the head with a paerweight and faced off against two others.

Bobby and Reginald stared at me........................... I stared back.......... Then Kangaroo hopped over Bobby, making sure I donkey kicked him in the crotch whislt landing sweetly in the drivers seat of an S2000........ bit lucky that.

Then in a scene reminisent of "First Blood" I knicked the keys of old Quaking Reginald, and smashed through theglass frontage like a hero on crack.

Ok OK, So that last bit was a lie.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ Hobbes....drugs again today mate?

Back on topic, you should complain to the Service Manager out of principal.
Think of the extra money they earn from say another 500 services.

:evil:

I am unhappy, just got my Mum to call into the dealer to collect a part I had ordred when I was in on Monday (she works close to the Dealer so agreed to go in her lunch hour) They were apparrently rude to her and when she was on her way out they were wispering and laughing Feckin Pri*ks, so my mum is now upset.

I am mad, feel like paying them a visit on the way home...... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hobbes said:
They tried to do a similar thing to me, but when I said:

"Look I'm not being funny, but I assure you I filled up the screen wash, so you WOULDN'T charge me for it and I'm not paying for something that didnt need to be done" they were ok about it.

After all as I explained to the guy........ I know my way around cars and I certainly know whether or not I filled up my damned screen wash pal.

Then I inserted a pencil up his nostril, gave him a wedgy, smacked anotehr sales assistant over the head with a paerweight and faced off against two others.

Bobby and Reginald stared at me........................... I stared back.......... Then Kangaroo hopped over Bobby, making sure I donkey kicked him in the crotch whislt landing sweetly in the drivers seat of an S2000........ bit lucky that.

Then in a scene reminisent of "First Blood" I knicked the keys of old Quaking Reginald, and smashed through theglass frontage like a hero on crack.

Ok OK, So that last bit was a lie.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just the "first blood" bit you mean :lol:

Adamcivic

Both incidents are outrageous.

You should demand to speak to the Dealership manager, request compensation and an apology.

For charging you for the screenwash, the dealership has acted illegally. This is quite serious for them since they are trying to run a business. And regards the incident with your mum, go back with your mum and ask her to identify the rude culprit. At least that git will get a reprimand from his boss.

It is important to complain about these incidents so that dealerships realise customers will fight back for bad service otherwise their confidence builds on what they can get away with.

The manager should at least provide a free valet or discount voucher for your next service as a goodwill gesture (whether you use it is another thing).

If you get no cooperation, then report to Honda UK. Failing that, report to Which? consumer association or Auto express for name and shame.

Don't care about the trivial value, it's the principle which is important.

This really makes me angry. :evil:

Back