• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Service history

Does anyone just service there car themselves and make note on what's been changed and when?

My last ep3 was on 162k miles and had full service history, but when I first got it I took it to Honda and said it was due a service, I was new to all this and just said its due a service, after I got home I looked at the receipt and all that was there was oil change and oil filter.. Along with the health check that was £155...

£155 for a very minor service just so I could get the stamp in the book.. When I could of done it myself for around £60.

Now my new one is on 82k so is due it's major service, I'm thinking about just doing it myself and saving a couple hundred quid..

Just wanted opinions really..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service history is worth your while when your car is worth a decent chunk of change. The price ep3's fetch these days they're pretty much at the point where a service history doesn't really add any value.

Just keep your receipts for oil and filters etc. & do it yourself. That's what I do with the cheap shitters I've been running the last year or so.

Yeah I do my own service and log everything down
You can buy all the major service items for that price and do it yourself mate
There is threads on here that will help on services
I created a new Technique on oil filter removal check it out mate

I bought an oil extraction pump to do my A3. Best investment I've made in ages. £45 IIRC, makes changing oil so much easier. You also get every last drop out, unlike when using the sump plug.

You just remove your dip stick, shove the pipe down the hole and pump away (that's what she said). In my case on the a3, the filter is easily accessible so made the whole job a 10 minute affair, no jacking up & shuffling under required. Highly recommend getting one if you do lots of oil changes yourself.

I've always done oil/filter changes myself every six months.

Made a note of the milage on the invoice. Never had an issue selling a car like that.

More cared for than your average Type-R that gets a service when Honda send them a letter.

Back