• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Service in Essex

Afternoon Chaps,

Just wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good place to take a type r for service and MOT.

Or the link if this has already been covered

Thanks in advanced

Iv always taken my cars to AMD Essex in Thurrock.

Go down on a Saturday morning be the first one there, go Lakeside get breakfast or shopping and job done a couple of hours later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate will do, how is the ep3?

It's good man. Great fun. Think the drop links are knackered though so it's resting up at home and the VXR is getting its legs stretched. 2 completely different drives though. It's nice to have the option to drive either depending on my mood

Oh ok, how many miles on it?

What would you say the differences in the VXR to the Type r then?

Nearly 101k other than that it's all good

Difference is the torque and the way the power is delivered. Astra can get up to speed extremely quickly with very little effort where as the EP3 is hard work to get it going but fun up top in VTEC and great to chuck around.

That said gunning the VXR is great too. I've got myself 2 pretty awesome cars tbf!

Yeah sounds like it.

Yeah i guess thats the turbo for you giving you that low end grunt in the VXR.

It can be more rewarding in the Type r, mine is up to about 97k now so trying to look after her a bit more now.

You thinking of going JAE in a couple of weeks?

Yeah sounds like it.

Yeah i guess thats the turbo for you giving you that low end grunt in the VXR.

It can be more rewarding in the Type r, mine is up to about 97k now so trying to look after her a bit more now.

You thinking of going JAE in a couple of weeks?

Where and when is it again mate?

Up in Peterborough mate, Saturday 2nd of September.

Sounds like it will be the last big blow out of the year.

Not sure if their is a cruise going up their.

Unsure if I'll get to that. I've got a Players on 17th and Trax on 1st October. Can't leave wife with kids for another whole day

Back