• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Service Intervals FK8 (Revised)

I was reliably informed today, that my car is due an oil and filter change every 6 months.

So glad I took the 5year service plan , apparently Honda are kicking themselves and this rule also applies to the 1 litre turbo FK8.

I wasn’t aware of this, anyone have knowledge on this matter ?

I have been told by my dealer that ALL services are covered in the 5 year period. I was told this on Fri when I picked my R up. Glad that I had taken the 5 year service plan out as well

The £599 5 year service plan represents excellent value for money even if you are having your FK8 serviced only once a year....assuming you plan to keep it for at least 3 years. Even if not it stays with the car and should add a little bit onto your trade in.
My dealer told me that variable servicing is turned on by default with the FK8 and is not as easy to turn off like it was with the FK2.
I have currently done 2300 miles from new since 1st September last year, and last time I looked my A service was due in around 3800 miles. Unless it drastically recalculates this would make my car over 1 year old, so I will be having my first service done at the regular schedule of 12 months.

mine is 7 months old, 8000 miles, spanner says 1200 miles to go. but then it did say 2300 to go when i picked it up as an ex-demo with 4.5k on it. so if you drive it like you own it, then it doesn't go down in sync with the odometer.

mine is 7 months old, 8000 miles, spanner says 1200 miles to go. but then it did say 2300 to go when i picked it up as an ex-demo with 4.5k on it. so if you drive it like you own it, then it doesn't go down in sync with the odometer.

I'm on 5500 miles and service screen shows 2400 miles. I have a track day on Sunday and am having an oil change at Dream on Sat. I don't like the idea of running a track day on the original from new oil.

I service my car whenever the variable servicing tells me to. I also always have an oil change before a track day.

Back