• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Service question due soon, HELP!!

Sorry if this has been posted before....

I have a service due in May. The last service was done by the previous owner at 50418 miles. In the service book the dealer has stamped the 62,500/60 month service. So the next service is at 54,000/72 months or 75,000/72 months.

Its done 55,300 miles.

I know that its either the mileage or age of the car (whichever comes first)

anyway, I've been "verbally" quoted around £500-600 for this service. I think it's a bit much, unless anyone can shed some light on the situation.

I have emailed TGM but they haven't got back to me, i might give them a buzz tomorrow.

Oh I'm in the Harrow (Middlesex) area.

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks

Really??? quite a few views and no replies?

anyone??? i just need to know what service i need to book it in for?

what is getting done for £600? I have a similar service due soon to. no quotes as yet. I am not paying £5-600 for a standard service.

the dealer/stealer said something about the fuel filter needs changing. The spark plugs dont because i havent done the mileage. so i can only assume its a standard service with the fuel filter being changed and the gearbox oil changed.

I'll have to find out what will need to be done more closer to the time oh i think the valve clerances might need to be done, i dont know though.

I havent had time to call TGM, i will try and give them a call at some point and maybe get their advice.

I believe transmission fluid and valve clearances arent due until 75k ish.
Have you not got a service schedule in in your book?
I need to do the transmission fluid myself, i'll be doing it this weekend, i dont like paying monkeys for easy jobs.

I believe transmission fluid and valve clearances arent due until 75k ish.
Have you not got a service schedule in in your book?
I need to do the transmission fluid myself, i'll be doing it this weekend, i dont like paying monkeys for easy jobs.

Partly correct with the transmission fluid, it is every 8 years or 72k miles. Valve Clarences are every 25k miles. Brake fluid will be replaced as that's every 3 years.

The 72 month service is a big service

Engine oil & filter get replaced
New Air cleaning element
Check valve clearances
New fuel filter
Adjustment of drive belts
Check and adjust idle speed
And then the standard inspection of brakes, lights, Suspension, Etc etc

I had mine done at Honda in December and it cost me £380

Call TGM until they answer. Tom will know what will be needed and give you a good price.

Right, I have spoken to another dealer. This time its going to be around the £450 area.

Because I haven't done the mileage for the spark plugs to be changed they said they dont have to do that and same with the transmission fluid.

I havent tried calling TGM yet but i will on Monday morning. Hopefully they can give a much better price.

I would rather give my money to a independent garage than a main dealer.

purchase your own oil aswell, might make it slightly cheaper, i tend to get 8l then you got the rest of it for the year and can get a good deal on buying 2 4l tubs of oil.

Just spoke to TGM, they quoted £310 with spark plugs and £270 without.

What a difference from Honda Stealers!!!! TGM will do a better job in my eyes, so I will take the car there.

MOT needs to be done around May. So all in all £375 with a rocker gasket change aswell!!!!!!

My advice go to TGM!!!!!

Back