• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Service time again - how to avoid damage by dealer

My Civic is due it's second service next week. Last time it was in the dealers it came back with several scratches on the driver side, nothing major but I know they wern't there before I took it in (I did a wash, polish and check over the day before). I complained so they tried to "polish" them out which resulted in swirls so I told them to forget it.

Any advice on how to politely tell them that if they damage it this time I will not be happy :twisted:, I have a few rattles which I want fixing under warrently this will mean they will have to take the silver section on center console out, but when the have done this in the past they have damaged it and the main dash by using a screw driver. I also don't want it washing as I have seen their valeting bay and valeting staff!

Am I being too fussy? I don't what them to take the piss, laugh at me and decide to take my car out for rag just for a laugh because they can. I would try another dealer but thats not really an option as the other one close to me are total scum.

Thanks for the advice :D

If they are that bad, I would wait in the dealership until they have finished working on your car. Do they have a section where you can watch the machanics working on your car from inside the dealership?

Go see the Service Manager before the service and take him for a walk round your car and agree with him the places where there is already damage and where there isn't.

He doesn't have a get out then if they do anything wrong

Mark43 said:
Go see the Service Manager before the service and take him for a walk round your car and agree with him the places where there is already damage and where there isn't.

Seconded. 8)

Neily03 said:
Mark43 said:

Seconded. 8)

I got a copy of one of those forms from a Car Hire place, enlarged it, got the service manager to sign it, came back clean and free from damage

Mark43 said:

I was going to suggest the same thing. But don't point out any damage, ask him to identify any damage and then both agree and sign a declaration. :wink:

Photos of your car ;)
Service managers are all dicks... every last one, i deal with 1000`s a year and not one could give a shit about the customer, so dont ever take their word for anything!

My service is next week and I am gonna get the service managed to agree to the cars condition beforehand as mentioned above.

Not in my book! On the otherside of the business we deal with all 5500 ish franchised dealers in the UK... Service managers are 99.9% technicians who have moved up the ladder, they have no sales or commercial experience and are therefore not fit to be customer facing... hence BMW and a Lot of other marques use a 3rd person as a customer facing contact. I only wish i could tell you of the 1000`s of reports that pass through here every day regarding service managers... though i guess it taints my view of them.

To be fair I do find the service manager at the dealer to be a fairly sound bloke. I will get him to do a walk round as suggested, just hope they don't laugh when I ask.

Back