• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Serviced and Kpro Tuned at TDI NORTH

All i can say is wow.

Always a pleasure going to TDI, met Mark for the 1st time, what a guy!!

he knows his sh*t!

72000 miles serviced done, had a slight problem with my steering, he did a check and found the prob. Getting that fixed asap.

Kpro Tuned by Mark and Paul, what a team!!

my results were

Power at Flywheel: 241.3 bhp

Power at wheel: 211 bhp

Torque: 151.8lbft

I cannot tell you how much difference the tuning has made.

The power is unbelievable but the fuel gauge aint too happy! lol

all i can say these guys are like me, simply AWESOME

Once again thank you for a top job.

Right, who wants to play cat and mouse!! :twisted:

Nice result, you sound chuffed! :)

What have you got done for 241 bhp @ fly? Impressive result mate! 8)

Dynax said:

Just wondering that myself. Awesam, post up your mods please fella :wink:

Nice one...I was up there on Thursday to have a nose about and drool over the cool toys he has up there.

Paul is a decent chap as is Mark he is not bad for an Aussie....(Kidding Mark :D)

G said:
Paul is a decent chap as is Mark he is not bad for an Aussie....(Kidding Mark :D)

Aussie? :shock: :shock: :shock:

You a dead man now G! :lol:

:lol: at Nick....

It is ok, TP, I know he is from Middle Earth.....

CTR said:
Dynax said:

Just wondering that myself. Awesam, post up your mods please fella :wink:

Lurkio made 248 bhp at flywheel and 200.1 at wheel.

Heres what ive just got done:

Quaife LSD
JR Heatshield Gasket
Toda Manifold
Toda Flywheel & Clutch
D2 Camber Bolts
Engine Mounts
JDM Front & Rear Swaybars
JDM Cams
JDM Inlet Manifold
J's Racing Strut Brace
AEM CAI
Ground wiring kit (not installed at the moment)
Spoon Progressive Lowering Springs
Magnex B Pipe and Std back box

Exterior Mods:

Mugen Grill
04 rear lens
RM11 18" Alloys

Now going to get a Spoon B pipe, it will probably give me better midrange.

Erm what Tranmission losses are you using ?

Even at 22% Percent Losses from that wheel fig thats only 244 BHP Im confused

My car made 246 BHP at the Wheels at TDI even using 22% Transmission losses (less than above) that means my car is 300.12 BHP Flywheel

OMFG I got a 300 BHP Car Bring it on

Awsome your figures seem to add up and nice results

Awesam, it may be worth thinking about changing the exhaust sytem for a less restrictive one perhaps? I think you will see further improvement if you do. AS the magnex system is very similar to the oem. I found even the ABP midpipe (which is the same as the Magnex but without the centre silencer restrictive after a while, after i went beyond a certain level of tune....)

He wants something nice and quiet cos of his baby which is why he swapped his Mugen Twin Loop for the Magnex pipe and standard back box.

Funky said:
He wants something nice and quiet cos of his baby which is why he swapped his Mugen Twin Loop for the Magnex pipe and standard back box.

I am in the same boat tbh, now I am driving further to work and back. I can recomend iether the Buddy Club Spec IV or the Toda catback, bothe much less restrictive and free'er flowing. Yet at under 7k no louder than stock.

I went out in TP's car, 9k plus revlimit, Toda header, and it was very quiet, untill at full chat then it did scream a bit, but even then it was suprisingly restrained and quite bareable. So when baby is not in the car, Dad can still have some fun :D

the toda exhaust quiet!! what were u on G? lol

I found the Toda quieter than other exhausts, but not that quiet!

Well definitley look into getting a Spoon B pipe or something jap, not sure if i would buy an exhaust, cos i travel up to Glasgow near enough every month with the baby and the missus, cant have an exhaust which drones at 80 for 4 hours.

I heard lurkio's spoon N1, OMG was that loud!

I think the BC Spec 4 would win for me because of its price, but i need to sample how loud it is in person.

hmmm maybe it has been too long since i have heard a standerd exhaust :D. but I felt it was quieter than my Top Gear system with the bung in.

Of course I know what it is like you do not want to have to hear all that droning when driving, I of course just tell her to be qiet or turn the stereo up :D :oops: :shock:

Sorry dear xx

Tarticus said:

My car made 246 BHP at the Wheels at TDI even using 22% Transmission losses (less than above) that means my car is 300.12 BHP Flywheel

Stock CTR's drivetrain loss is 37>40bhp. Just add that to the P@W figure for a more realisitic fly figure than percentages. E.g. my car was 209atw and the guesstimate fly figure was 245, which is a whole 15% drivetrain loss. Using the 18% rule gives bullshit figures IMO.

211 is a good result, especially as it's on the new software they run which is seeing cars getting lower results than previously, perhaps about 2.5% down on the results pre-software change.

Im well chuffed with that!

all i need is get my hands on a Spoon B Pipe now just to squeeze a bit more.

Ive decided to sell my Toda A2 Cams, valve springs and Cam Pulley as i think the car is fast enough now, any faster i wont have a license left!

CTR_Paul said:
Tarticus said:

Stock CTR's drivetrain loss is 37>40bhp. Just add that to the P@W figure for a more realisitic fly figure than percentages. E.g. my car was 209atw and the guesstimate fly figure was 245, which is a whole 15% drivetrain loss. Using the 18% rule gives bullshit figures IMO.

211 is a good result, especially as it's on the new software they run which is seeing cars getting lower results than previously, perhaps about 2.5% down on the results pre-software change.

I think we should ban people talking about fly figures, IMO we should only use ATWhp & Torque as a comparison.

Back