• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Servicing/Hondacare Extended Guarantee/Warranty. Q&A!!

First of all Many thanks to Dave S for his work in compiling This very useful information for the CTR. CLICK HERE You will find most of the answers you will need with regards to Servicing/Hondacare Extended Guarantee/Warranty. Please have a read through as I am sure you will find it extremely beneficial. 8)

Please post in here any other service related questions or
queries. This will stop multiple threads on the same subject being created

Examples:

My first service is coming up how much will it cost me..?

When is my 2nd service due?

You get the idea 8)

Thanks.

Cool my second service is coming up soon got told by the dealers it would be £250 ish + tyres £80 each + 4 wheel alignment £50 :shock: :cry: :roll:

I will never ever go back to a main dealer after seeing one of their master technicians trying to break a balljoint! Took me 3 hours to repair the damage after he said he couldnt do it! :evil:

Anyone can do servicing and it will be covered on your warantee as long as recomended Honda parts are used...ie Filters, oil etc.

Save yourself some money and hastle and look around and find someone you really trust. :wink:

TDi north get my car anytime and I live in London. Nuff said. :wink:
Oh yeah...and TGM send their cars there as well for tuning work. :wink:

Honda dealer in question was Lookers in warrington.

tp said:
I will never ever go back to a main dealer after seeing one of their master technicians trying to break a balljoint! Took me 3 hours to repair the damage after he said he couldnt do it! :evil:

Anyone can do servicing and it will be covered on your warantee as long as recomended Honda parts are used...ie Filters, oil etc.

Save yourself some money and hastle and look around and find someone you really trust. :wink:

TDi north get my car anytime and I live in London. Nuff said. :wink:
Oh yeah...and TGM send their cars there as well for tuning work. :wink:

Honda dealer in question was Lookers in warrington.

sorry to hear that mate :cry:

Anyone know how early you can have the 1st service.

I know it should be 1 year or 12.5K.
Currently I'm at nearly 9K and will be a year old in March.

I want it done early because I have a few things that need doing and want to travel once to a decent dealer to have it done.

I checked out a second service and ADH are worth a shot, cheapest so far but I will also check with a few northern ones aswell

More around the £180 mark but I dont have an airfilter or pollen filters to sort and thats with my own oil if that helps Craig

paul.goffin said:
Anyone know how early you can have the 1st service.

I know it should be 1 year or 12.5K.
Currently I'm at nearly 9K and will be a year old in March.

I want it done early because I have a few things that need doing and want to travel once to a decent dealer to have it done.

Had mine done at 9000miles, oil changes every 6000miles

If you live in or around the Essex area then John Pease Honda in Braintree will give discount to "Established" forum members. 8)

Got mine booked in this Friday. The car is on 12050 miles now but she'll be douing a 500 mile trip on Sunday morning and though it better to get it done first.

Also getting the bolts on my cat replaced FOC too.

It's being done at a German dealer, normal price should be £140 but since I get it tax free I'll only pay £115 8)

Anyone know how much and what oil I need to supply for the second service as it is due quite soon

Good quality fully synthetic oil, probably cheaper from Halfords, viscosity as per your manual.

Anyone know what sort of cost i'm looking for for my third (37k) service.... and how mich can i save supplying my own oil??

Now what did we suggest on some other site?

As rates vary around the country, best phone your two local dealers and get a price from them, look in Halfords at the cost of Fully Synthetic OIl of good name and then ask how much if you supply your own oil.

The third service is an intermediate service plus brake fluid change, if you had a low mileage second service last time, alos change the air filter and check and adjust tappets.

Right just noted my service is due this month and not next

Couple of problems, its still being fixed and I cant drive :lol:

How much time either side do we get before I bugger up my warrenty?

zeffania said:

I thought it went on milage so if its not having any miles put on it then it should be okay.

Friendy said:
zeffania said:

I thought it went on milage so if its not having any miles put on it then it should be okay.

Fingers crossed, just awating Stuart at Alan Day as it goes there

EDIT - Spoke to Stuart and he said that Honda are pretty good with these sorts of things mainly down to the reliability of their cars. He did say a week really was the limit just incase you did have problems. Fingers crossed I get to pop down. Also I have been informed you get entrance to a gym and a pool for the cost of your service. Well impressed :D

I starting phoning around for my 1st Service.

At which point I also want some warranty work done as follows;
Loose Rear Boot
Rear Washer Jet blocked kinked
Exhaust Rattle when Cold
Passenger Rattle when ajar (Lings have tried twice and failed to work this)

I live in Lowestoft, so my local dealer is Lings. But after experincing their customer service there is no way I'm paying for them to work on my car :evil:

There is Holdens in Norwich, but I fell out with them, and my Grandad would turn in his grave if I went back to them (Its a long story:roll: )

I bought the car from John Banks Ipswich (45 miles from me) I think they would do a good job, but I haven't been back since I bought the car.
They quoted £125 with my supplying the oil.

I then phoned John Pease in Braintree Essex (81 miles :shock: ) following on from their support of a local meet. I was quoted £156, which was reduced to £122 with me supplying the oil. Now I see they supply a discount to forum members, so I need to ask for a discounted price with me supplying the oil.

Now Braintree is quite a distance to go for a service, but if their quality of work is good it will be worth it. We could make a day of it and see the local area from a little Jazz :p
The downside is if the warranty work requires parts then I would have to go back again.

Has anyone had a service at John Pease, or John Banks and have any comments on the service they recieved.

I'd reccomend speaking to oilman on here with referance to oil prices. Opie oils are highly reputed.

Back