• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Setting up an amplifier??? Please help

Hi,

Im really no ICE expert but have managed to wire my amp in.

Heres my set-up for starters...

Juice wiring kit
jw1000_copy.jpg
(I think its this one)

In phase amp

1200.jpg

Audiobahn AW1200V Sub

h037AW1200Vp.jpg

Question being... Im a bit confused in how to get the best sound out of the sub, Safely!

Here is what im faced with on the back of the amp, Im not going to use it until its set up properly as im a bit concerned i may blow it up.

If anyone can help i would be very grateful :)

Right here goes..

Level - Min Max

Sub Sonic - 20HZ 50HZ

Super Bass - 0DB 12DB

A crossover switch with 3 options -
L.P.F
FULL
H.P.F

2 adjustable screws by the crossover switch, one on the left and one on the right..

Left - 50HZ 250HZ
Right - 80HZ 1.2kHZ

Like I said this is foreign to me so any ICE guru's I would massively appreciate your comments.

Thankyou

I'm no expert mate, but I think if you keep the super bass bit (which I'm guessing is just a bass boost thing) turned right down for at least 25-30 hours while your sub beds in, then you should be fairly ok with the rest. From what I read when I put my active sub in, if you start using bass boost early on it's like asking the sub to work 8 times harder than usual.

You can also **** your sub if you drive it too hard at first. Just keep sensible volumes for the first 30 hours and the super bass off and I reckon you'll be OK.

But......I am no expert.

Set crossover switch to LPF
The adjuster screw this matches with is the 50-250 one. Set it to around the 150 mark.

As Rodan says, leave the super bass alone at the moment. In fact, leave it alone full stop.

Make/model info on Head unit and amp would be handy to give more info. I am making the assumption you've got the wiring sorted ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double check your wiring kit, if it is 10 gauge that's a bit thin really, I would never use anything less than 8 gauge and really I prefer to fit 4 gauge as it gives you a bit of leeway if you upgrade in the future. The level depends on the voltage of the pre-outs on your head unit. What model of headunit and which model is your amp?

Where in the west midlands are you? If you wanna pop over to mine I can set it all up for you for some beer tokens.

Back