• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Severe pulling when under power! MeisterR

Alright troops. I seem to have a problem with my suspension/alignment. I currently have the MeisterR ZetaR coilovers, camber arms and bolts, steering rack raiser.
when accelerating, I am experiencing severe pulling from left to right. tried taking toe off at the front with raiser. Slightly better but still getting the pulling under power. I have a Quaiffe lsd installed. I expect some pulling when cornering etc but when doing 60mph and sticking the foot down on a straight in expect to keep going straight, not into the hedge!!
Heard of quite a few people having problems with MeisterR but I'm kinda out of ideas!

You've had the geo settings checked on a full four wheel lazer rig?

Gerrick from Meister R is a trader on here so he may be able to help with support issues. Were the coilovers new? I'm guessing they weren't brought over from your other car?

Same ride height left to right? Same tyres on both sides on the front? Directional tread pattern not the wrong way round etc. Just guesses.

Is the diff definitely 100% OK after the accident?

Hi Loxy

Yeah everything was transferred over however I was experiencing the exact same problems before hand on my last car. Being honest I haven't checked the ride height on the car (doh)! I'll give that a check. Everything else is okay. Took it for a full geo setup on Friday, everything is straight but I am still experiencing this severe pulling. Couldn't get any negative camber beyond -0.3!!! Raiser made it even worse.
yeah I've been in touch with Jerrick but I'm still waiting on them getting back to me. Actually it's not Jerrick himself its Edwin.
also I think the rack maybe on its way out, I never transfered my facelift over. When I'm driving normal in a straight line, holding the wheel dead on straight, the car seems to wonder slightly.
Really weird, even the technicians were stumped! They reckoned I should swap over my rack and try roll centre adjusters, neither of them will correct the pulling though I don't think!!
Cheers John

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Tyres can also have an effect on pull. Try swapping fronts to rears to see if it gets better. If it feels slightly better then chances are that one of the tyre depths are slighlty different. This is normally exaggerated by having a LSD in as it tends to want to steer into it.

Pulling left to right under power.

Hi guys, I've being having an absolute nightmare of a time trying to solve this.
my car is pulling to the left under power. Then to the right and so on and so forth.
I'm running 350bhp 221lbft with Quaife lsd.
Installed are MeisterR coilovers, bc extended ball joints, steering rack raiser, poly bushes on front wishbones.
Some of my friends are saying it may be a problem with the diff. Some say it's the coilovers. After replacing the wishbones, wishbone bushes, ball joints, subframe, rack raiser, refurbishing driveshaft bearings, with no difference, i'm quickly running out of patience let alone money!!! :-(
I'm now thinking is it possibly an engine mount? Would this cause problems?
I'm not convinced that it's the diff but I guess I won't know until the box is split but I'd rather try everything else before that!
Any help guys would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan

Started another thread forgetting I had this previously. I'm having an absolute nightmare this. Car is still pulling to the left and then to the right. I've swapped the subframe, wishbones along with polybushes, extended ball joints, steering rack raiser, refurbished the driveshafts! Still no improvements :-(
Would the diff cause this? What about bad/split engine mounts?
Cheers

Any updates? A dodgy diff might cause this, or crap tyres and running that much power? I'm running cheapo road tyres at the minute just to kill them off, and the difference between them and the good tyres I had beforehand is night and day, tram-lining all over the shop. I find its exaggerated by lower/stiffer suspension too. What tyres are you running? And the geo and ride height is spot on?

It does seem strange that you cant get any negative camber though! Cheapest thing I can think of before looking into the diff is putting standard suspension back on and see if it still does it?

I was thinking it may be the diff but I can't imagine it would be!!
Tyres are rubbish, cheap at best. Not my choice, they were on the shell that I picked up so I'm leaving them on till I sort the geo etc. I've got R888 to go on all round for summer. Not sure what to go for the winter but I don't drive that much at all during the winter.
I took the front coilovers off and put standard shocks back on. The pulling was still there but less exaggerated. As you said being softer it won't be as obvious. However the rack raiser and extended ball joints were still on when I trial ran the standard shocks, so the angles of steering arms and wishbones were pointing down. Wouldn't make too much difference in wouldn't think.
What I did do though was take the car to a new dual carriageway where the road was flat and smooth. So I'd imagine this also made the symptoms less severe as well as standard shocks!!
However when I trial ran the standard shocks, the geo was not done, and by looking i had toe out on drivers side. Still ran better though lol.
When the geo was done with the MeisterR on, toe was set to 0 all round.
Regarding camber, I couldn't get much negative camber on the front as the steering arms ran out of thread due to the rack raiser being installed, bringing the angle back to oem, which then pushed the arms further out towards the strut as the middle of the arms were raised if that makes sense. Easy fix is to cut the steering arms and re thread them. I'll do that further down the line after the pulling is resolved!! Really scratching my head with this, so frustrating!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back