• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

sfs hose fitted and now cel code 41 is on

ok i just fitted a sfs hose to my dc5 as my old one was split and now my engine light is on the dash.

i read the code and its saying Map sensor signal is higher or lower than exspected according to the manual

What does this actualy mean?, do i need new sensor, im sure just changing the sfs hose over would not course this

any help would be great

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the sensor dirty?

Not sure if i'm right in saying this would bring the light on?!?!?!

Ok so iv checked the code again its 41 not 5, so it looks like its Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater Circuit Malfunction

or

Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater System Malfunction

Im guessing these are two sensors everyone seems to have trouble with in the CAT, is there anyway to know which sensor is the problem?

hi mate i have the same problem have a code 41 rang honda to ask how much a o2 sensor was and they asked me if i wanted a PRE cat sensor or a POST cat sensor had no idea which 1 the fault is on mine any help would be much appriciated? he gave me a quote for a POST cat 02 sensor for 189.99

Thanks

O2 sensor is gone, they're around £70 iirc. Call Dave Johnson at Steels Honda, Hereford, he can get you one without adding rip off overhead.

Cheers mate will give him a bell tomorrow! do u know if it would be a PRE cat sensor or POST cat sensor i need?

Cheers mate will give him a bell tomorrow! do u know if it would be a PRE cat sensor or POST cat sensor i need?
No text speak please.

I can't remember which it is, just tell Dave that it's the usual 02 you need, he'll know which it is.

Back