• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Shakespear Race Way (Jap Racer Round 1) 17/04/06 (Vids Added

Peter Pan

I aint posting no more!
Well the day started yesterday if you know what I mean, stripped the car ready, well back seats out and spare if you want to call that stripped not as stripped as some other`s still keeping two seats as I think this is written in the rules somewhere.

Loaded the car up with my Dunlop DJ01 Semi Slicks and off I went for an early start on Sunday :)

Met Guy from CPL there, and had abit of a chat changed tyres over etc etc and first run.................

Run 1. Wheel Hop Bogged down no traction you name it 13.87 Seconds 108 MPH Terminal (humm not what I was expecting) 60ft of 2.44

Run 2. Launched from tickover virtually no traction again wheel hop 13.75 Seconds 109 Terminal (humm again Im starting to think whats going wrong) 60ft of 2.47

Run 3. Launched again (gave it a bit of clutch and eased it in still hop 13.78 Seconds 109 Terminal (humm started to worry now as that was a better run or felt like a better run) 2.57

At this point I knew something was not right and had been Datalogging my runs via K-Pro but as im a K-Pro n00b and have a shitty laptop they didnt record..........so had no data to read.............I guessed humm Ill run with my Standard Road Tyres on Guys advice as maybe the DJ01 have lost it change back to my Standard Federal Tyres (not the best tyres in the world but they cheap and I burn through them fast)

Run 4. Lunched again at lowish revs and fed it in, instant grip......I was like ohhh (got carried away with how much grip I had and just bliped the limiter in 3rd gear) kept on the trottle and BANG 13.24 Seconds 60ft 2.274 Seconds....................110.79 Terminal :)

I was over the moon as I knew this was a decent time and would put me in decent contention for the FWD Class................

Decided that that was enough for the day, as I didnt see the other FWD cars going any faster and most of the others to be honest so knew I didnt have to push it any more than need be.

Now then I knew Guy would be running and guessed that he should take the FWD Class fairly easy to be honest, I aint seen many really fast FWD cars out there only in the states :)

Well all 'Ill say is CPL RACING and Guy Chamberlain is now the fastest Civic Type R in Europe...........12.07 Seconds @ 123 MPH

Many many congrats to Guy well deserved, we both now know the car can run 11 Seconds :) and Ill stop having a go at him :) trust me with a Drag Racing season ahead, It will go faster, we both did 4 runs and retired for the afternoon :)

Results From the Civics there are as follows

1st Guy Chamberlain (CPL Racing) 12.07 Seconds
2nd Little Old Me (Tuned by CPL Racing) 13.24 Seconds
3rd Paul West (TP) (Tuned by TDI North) 13.27 Seconds (I think)
4th Paul Jones (TDI North) 13.4 (something) will confirm
5th Cosmic Grey Civic Unknown 14.9 (something) will confirm

All In all a superb day, I know my car can go faster, I was running the base map, and not my Race map and running on 97 Ron (Murco Fuel) yer Murco shock I know :) with Race Fuel and race map no bliping the limiter etc etc (and other excuses I can think of) I recon its capable of a decent lowish 13 Sec run.......Im just not sure if we can hit high 12 Seconds but thats the plan.

More people should come down to Shakespear for the racing, its a great day out and virtually no waiting to run your car like 7-8 cars Max, much better than Santa Pod for waiting times etc etc.

Also sorry to hear about Paul Jones at System R maybe thrashing a gear box :( not sure how many runs you had but definately got your moneys worth :) and TP I think had 6 runs and then was out of the old Laughing Gas...........:( So no more fun there.

Sorry for the long post, Im just excited that I did a decent time and know its capable of more.

Im sure Videos / Timeslips will be up soon as soon as Carl pulls his finger out :0)

http://www.totheredline.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=8&pos=1

http://www.totheredline.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=8&pos=3

A really really good day. 8)
Could have kept on going round as there were only about 10 cars in the queue for each lane at any one time.

Well done Guy. 11 seconds next when that launch can be nailed on boost I recon.

I knew Pete would go faster when he got used to it.
I think we all had problems with the drag tyres as the 60fts were all slower than last year. I was doing 2.2s when last year it was 2.1 and Paul Jones was only managing 2.3's after doing consistent 2s deads last year.
I think some tyre softener may be on order first thing tomorrow morning. :lol:

Paul managed to wreck his gearbox early on and was having a bit of trouble shifting into 4th. He had a break and when he restarted 3rd and 4th wouldnÂ’t engage so it put a stopper on the day for him.

My best was a 13.274 @ 111.96mph

I did 2 other 13.27's@111, 1x 13.28@111 and 2x 13.3'[email protected] ran out of gas! :roll:

This is when you wish you had a supercharger! :roll: :lol:

I then did a couple of NA runs and the best was a [email protected]

My first job tomorrow is a phone call to Alex I recon for a bit more gas. :lol:

There was a presentation at the end for Paul who won outright the Jap Racer series last year as well as the Rotostock FWD class. Recon Marks going to be wanting overtime for cleaning all the silverware collected over the past 12 months! :lol:

dsc012905hs.jpg

There was a presentation at the end for Paul who won outright the Jap Racer series last year as well as the Rotostock FWD class. Recon Marks going to be wanting overtime for cleaning all the silverware collected over the past 12 months! [Laughing]

Wasnt Paul the only car entered for the Jap Racer FWD last year :) well you and Paul :) to be honest we need more people to enter and more people to get down there :)

Well done everyone......

So can we finaly see a Japanese FWD car winning at TOTB? :D :D

Tarticus said:
There was a presentation at the end for Paul who won outright the Jap Racer series last year as well as the Rotostock FWD class. Recon Marks going to be wanting overtime for cleaning all the silverware collected over the past 12 months! [Laughing]

Wasnt Paul the only car entered for the Jap Racer FWD last year :) well you and Paul :) to be honest we need more people to enter and more people to get down there :)

Don't think he was.
I only did 1 round, but there was a white CPL stickered DC5 running NOS doing 13.7's I saw that did another that I know of plus a few turbo'd Preludes, older Civics and FTO's.

You are right though. Would be nice to get a load more Civic's entering this class. 8)

You do realise Rotostock was last year one of the counting rounds and Paul also beat Richard with his Rotrex and some pretty handy EG6's that were turbo'd to win that one. Nice trophy that as well. 8)

G said:
Tarticus said:
So can we finaly see a Japanese FWD car winning at TOTB? [Very Happy] [Very Happy]

Nahh I aint going to run in TOTB :)

No I said winning.........;) :D :p

Well 11.86 @124 was last years class A winning time. And it was a blimmin fiesta as well lol....So looks like we are getting close.

Back