• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40

Hey guys,

Due an oil change soon, running castrol edge 5w40, thinking of changing to Shell's new Helix Ultra at £25 deliverd it's nearly half the price of the Castrol!

Anyone else running their car on Shell Helix Ultra?

Yes I do understand that any 5w40 will do.

Cheers

As long as it's fully synthetic (I've not checked) there won't be a problem.

Hey guys,

Due an oil change soon, running castrol edge 5w40, thinking of changing to Shell's new Helix Ultra at £25 deliverd it's nearly half the price of the Castrol!

Anyone else running their car on Shell Helix Ultra?

Yes I do understand that any 5w40 will do.

Cheers
I'm using shell helix 5w 40 and the oil hasn't moved from the max yet. Good oil I would recommend it. Plus people use it in Ferraris :)

Yep Ultra 5w40 has always been a very good oil for me.
Never needed topping up in 4 years (of course it was replaced every 12 months) but you know what I mean. :)

I recently ordered another one of car parts for less with a 5% discount code for 23.75 delivered for a 5 litre.

What's the bonanza code for the discount?
Just type on google euro car parts discount code but they have stopped the bonanza code now. The cheapest now is on car parts for less u get a 5% discount code with free delivery for 23.75 which is ok.

Also... don't forget to look up the VW branded Quantum Platinum oil.

Its dirt cheap at £20 for 5 litres and its actually Castrol Edge in VW packaging.

Back