• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Shell V-Power to replace Optimax.

I thought I'll post this on both forums.

Shell Optimax is to be replace be V-Power very soon. The UK version of V-Power will be 99ron and not 100ron which is seen in other countries. All Shell Retailers have been invited to a launch day at the end of the month.
Shell are in the process of running down stocks of Optimax to a level where V-Power can be mixed.

I'm not sure when the official name change will be, but it will be a lengthy process to change all signage on sites, update all IT equipment and the Optimax signage on tankers will need to be removed or replaced. It will probably remain similarly priced to Optimax.

Shell also plan to release V-Power Diesel in the UK, its a high performance diesel and the same which was used by Audi at Le-Mans.

DPM9876 said:

Shell Optimax is to be replace be V-Power very soon. The UK version of V-Power will be 99ron and not 100ron which is seen in other countries. All Shell Retailers have been invited to a launch day at the end of the month.
Shell are in the process of running down stocks of Optimax to a level where V-Power can be mixed.

I'm not sure when the official name change will be, but it will be a lengthy process to change all signage on sites, update all IT equipment and the Optimax signage on tankers will need to be removed or replaced. It will probably remain similarly priced to Optimax.

Shell also plan to release V-Power Diesel in the UK, its a high performance diesel and the same which was used by Audi at Le-Mans.

Don't take this the wrong way but can you explain where this information comes from? :D

Alot of Japanese car owners with mappable ECU's would love a drop of this stuff but we, the good old British customer never seem to get what we really want. :x

I would love to see it as much as everyone else but my breath is not being held. :lol:

DPM9876 said:

:woot: (if its true)

I'm going back to Ireland for a week next week. I'm taking the CTR with me and will be filling up over there with VPower! :D Perfect for blasting through the Irish countryside! 8)

Would be great as Scouse said could have my map altered to suit, it was great going around Europe earlier in the year, but why cannot we have the 100 as per the rest of Europe, we gained the snickers and lost the Marathon the least they could do is give us the 100ron.

Friendy said:
but why cannot we have the 100 as per the rest of Europe, we gained the snickers and lost the Marathon the least they could do is give us the 100ron.

Thats a good comparison! Very true! :lol: :D

Scousefella said:
DPM9876 said:

Don't take this the wrong way but can you explain where this information comes from? :D

Alot of Japanese car owners with mappable ECU's would love a drop of this stuff but we, the good old British customer never seem to get what we really want. :x

I would love to see it as much as everyone else but my breath is not being held. :lol:

I didn't take it the wrong way. :D

I work for Shell, I have known for a few weeks but waited for proper confirmation. I have seen the invitation to the launch at Snetterton. The information is also on the Shell internal website, but I can't post a link for that and you'll also need a Username and Password.

DPM9876 said:
The information is also on the Shell internal website, but I can't post a link for that and you'll also need a Username and Password.

How about a 'Print Scrn' then host it somewhere? :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Where did you get this from?

Agree with everyone else, great if it's true, although I find it hard to believe. This is England afterall.

If it is true, I wonder how much they're guna charge us for it!?

Rcb said:
Where did you get this from?

DPM9876 said:
I work for Shell, I have known for a few weeks but waited for proper confirmation. I have seen the invitation to the launch at Snetterton. The information is also on the Shell internal website, but I can't post a link for that and you'll also need a Username and Password.

:wink:

This is DEFFINATELY TRUE

V-Power Is deffo coming, been speaking about it for some time, and I heard various rhumors etc etc some time ago, but from what I heard this weekend its deffo coming :)

Sounds great but it will probably be an excuse for Shell to put the price up even more.

DPM9876 said:
Scousefella said:
DPM9876 said:

I didn't take it the wrong way. :D

:smt023

Being that Optimax is something like 98.6RON, and the new UK V-Power will be 99RON, is it going to be formulated differently to Optimax, and will be that much better ?

Sure its not just a name change, and hike the price up a bit :D

JonCTR said:
Being that Optimax is something like 98.6RON, and the new UK V-Power will be 99RON, is it going to be formulated differently to Optimax, and will be that much better ?

Sure its not just a name change, and hike the price up a bit :D

I would tend to agree with that. Lots of people on ScoobyNet have been on about Optimax being replaced for sometime now. Loads of them have even emailed Shell to ask what's going on. Each and every time Shell has replied with 'There are no current plans to replace Optimax in the UK'.

But then again, forum member DPM does work for Shell so he's more likely to be privy to info that we are not. If we do get an 'upgrade' in petrol then all the better for us but I'll have to see it to believe it.

Back