• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

She's back on the road!!!

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
After an hour or two with my mate swapping the discs and pads, and properly fitting the front bumper and my new headlamp and the car is back.

So I went out for an elongated drive (obviously taking it easy on the brakes) just to get used to it again :shock:

My god I'd forgotton how good she is!!! All I need is a rear bumper and it's as good as new! :twisted:

Complete with bird poo and yellow chalk still on bumper, but you get the idea.

cd62444e.jpg

2b1f3c32.jpg

58ded3c9.jpg

And the front right disc complete with loads of dust on the wheel :oops:

98539c1e.jpg

Sorry :oops: just read that back realised it sounded rather insensitive. First up glad your ok but second up great job on getting her back on the road :)

Most reds are a bugger to match up due to the lacquering on reds, seems good on those pics though

Hotshot said:
Sorry :oops: just read that back realised it sounded rather insensitive. First up glad your ok but second up great job on getting her back on the road :)

Most reds are a bugger to match up due to the lacquering on reds, seems good on those pics though

Sh!t happenes mate. I'm not fussed about it at all since it's all part of the learning experience.

Have you only changed one disc?

Good to see you back on the road again.

Nice one Chris, lad you got her back on the road so quick :D
Out of interest, whats happened about replacing the Armco at the ring? When you had your accident, you mentioned that your insurance would pay for it - I was rather sceptical, but would like to hear otherwise, and if so, who insured you :?:

Superfli said:
Out of interest, whats happened about replacing the Armco at the ring? When you had your accident, you mentioned that your insurance would pay for it - I was rather sceptical, but would like to hear otherwise, and if so, who insured you :?:

The insurance has to pay because I caused damage to someone elses property mate. It's a legal obligation on any third party claim if i accept blame.

MilanoChris said:
The insurance has to pay because I caused damage to someone elses property mate. It's a legal obligation on any third party claim if i accept blame.

I would have thought the insurance would try and wriggle out of it, but if not, please let us know - word of mouth goes a long way for insurance recommendations :D

Taken from Ben Lovejoy's site:
http://nurburgring.org.uk/insurance.html

Even if your policy appears to be ok, I think these days you have to be prepared for your insurer to use any excuse they can to avoid paying-out. I thus strongly recommend that you consider your vehicle uninsured on the Ring, and drive/ride accordingly

Yeah you have soon sourced the parts and got it back to its former glory :D

Everytime I looked at a thread with body parts I saw Chris had posted at the end of the thread :lol:

Carl

Back