• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Shifter Assembly - OE or Revo?

OE or Revo Shifter Assembly?

• Total voters
Hi Folks,

I am hoping to replace my shifter assembly on my EP3 (it's a little sloppy with wear and tear).

Any thoughts or advise on whether to go for OE or Revo?

I've read the Revo one can break, but if it's a simple bolt that causes the issue, I'm sure that can be replaced or upgraded?

Thanks,
Neil

I haven't heard anything on the Revo version but if you've heard they break why take the chance?

These cars are getting old now so things will deteriorate so I would just freshen things back up with OEM.

How long has the original shifter been on the car? How many miles has it done? - Take this into account.

If you think of how many owners as well and what kind of life it has had that will play a part too. If my brother in law had one of these I bet it wouldn't last two minutes because he's a heavy handed tool TBH.

Mine is 12 years old now and done 80k mine has hardly any wear still pretty tight doesn't feel sloppy at all, so OEM units are not bad when you consider how long they can last. Change for OEM I bet it will outlast any others.

Ta very much for the reply batman!

There is 115k on the car, so I'm not complaining, it's certainly fair wear and tear.

I'm more asking to see if there is a worthy / genuine upgrade for the shifter assembly, but seemingly not.

I'll probably buy a new OE one and add the shifter assembly bushes too.

Back