• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Shock Absorber problem

Hi, I have just bought this EP3 last month and everything was fine.
After the suspension check cause I could hear constant knocking noise on the front everytime I come across with speed bump or any uneven surface.
Mechanic told me Top Mount Strut needs replacing and both of the shocks on the front are dead and this was caused by the springs he said.
He told me to get coil overs cause they will last for a long time and getting standard shocks will eventually end up knocking again.

Any suggestions?
Shall I get coilies? or just shocks and use the lowering springs I've got?

Thanks.

Hey pal mines the same both front shocks have a lot of play in them side to side when jacked up. Constant knocking.
Going to go for coilovers when I get the money

I was thinking of that too to save some money up. But mechanic said it will end up knocking again cause I got lowering springs and 18's alloys.

Then your mechanic is an idiot.

There is nothing wrong with OEM dampers and lowering springs.

Sure they will eventually "go" again, as will cheap coilovers.

All shocks eventually die.

Then your mechanic is an idiot.

There is nothing wrong with OEM dampers and lowering springs.

Sure they will eventually "go" again, as will cheap coilovers.

All shocks eventually die.

Lol on this.
Ok mate thanks for the help I'm gonna get OEM Shocks then use my lowering springs again with them.
Thanks.

They will be expensive to source from Honda I'd imagine so try some breakers such as Integrastella and keep an eye on eBay.

That's not too bad, obviously it's mileage dependant. I'm not sure if it's possible but maybe see if yours could be reconditioned?

I would get a different mechanic, biggest pile ive heard in a long time! Most coilovers arnt designed for UK roads, OEM dampers and a set of Eibach springs will last a lot longer and be far more comfortable to live with on a daily basis.

I've bought OEM Dampers and probably just gonna use the same lowering springs I've got!

Thanks for the help.

Back