• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Shock top mounts

My car is making a slight khocking sound which I am thinking is the top mounts. It's been lowered 40mm steering rack slider has been changed and a rasier installed. So I am thinking top mounts. Dose anyone know which ones would be better then standed might as well upgrade them whilst doing it?

Thanks.

Hi
I had that problem when I lowered mine on eibach spring. Mine was spring binding. I replaced the top mounts with kyb units and it still made noise. Is it knocking when turning or over bumps?

Can I replace just the bearings as I take it these are the parts that ware or do I have to replace the mounts as well?

You can just replace the bearings but personally if it's all being pulled apart I would replace both bearings and top mounts.

I'm also getting a knock from my front suspension when going over bumps on low to mid speeds.
Got new energy bushes in lca-s, front lower ball joints, track rod ends, new drop links and the steering rack slider.
The noise comes from both sides, but its louder on the drivers side (i have a LHD). It's most noticable when making a right turn over bumps at low speeds.
The shocks look ok, dont have any play in them side to side.
Im planning to replace the front sway bar bushings, just for a peace of mind as they still look/seem ok.

Do you think it's the top mounts?
What exactly goes bad in them? I didn't find any photos or explanation what happens to cause the knock.

Back