• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Shocking Knocking noise...

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone know what may cause it? or have experienced it..
Under heavy braking, i felt a Bang / Knock from under my foot. Then as i accelerated off, another 2 bang / knock.... sounds like something is shifting..
Also when i park if on full lock, reversing, just as i start moving, it clicks, but a really loud click!

Many Thanks in advance.

you just activated the ABS to prevent wheels lock. that's normal. when ABS is activated, there is force hit on your foot ^.^

its no ABS , i know what that feels like, this is a clonk, i can feel on the floor of the car... something is shifting. did it again this morning..

I have noticed a loud clunking sound when i power out of a left hand corner at a decent race, makes a loud clunk and is gone!
When i replaced the tyres the technician checked everything and nothing looked broken; its going to Honda for its 50,000km service so hopefully gets resolved.

I have noticed a loud clunking sound when i power out of a left hand corner at a decent race, makes a loud clunk and is gone!
When i replaced the tyres the technician checked everything and nothing looked broken; its going to Honda for its 50,000km service so hopefully gets resolved.

Thats sounds exactly like whats happening to mine... =( if the tech finds anything with your can you please advise me to check? thanks.

It may well be, if it's the mount, that you only hear it under certain circumstances like going round left hand courners or under heavy braking for example, that the wear is so minimal that you cannot repliacte the noise by any other means. I'd check just to be on the safe side.

Back