• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Short shifter advice

I am thinking about getting a short shifter for my ep3. The choice looks to be between either the neuspeed/tegiwa or the more expensive buddy club.

Just wondering what people opinions are of these and personnel experiences.

Do you feel they are worth the money? Easy to live with day to day..any problems?

The teg short shifter is highly recommended bud!
Worth the money and easy to live, just becomes the norm

Cheers, yeah I have heard good things too. Just curious as to how the buddy club compares and whether it is worth the extra cost.

I have the tegiwa short shift and I find it's great for going from 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6 but it completely screws up my 2-3 & 4-5 shifts. I've asked about the buddy club before and got mixed stories, something think it's great other say is screws up gear shift timing. I suppose it's one of those things you need to try to see if it suits your driving or not

I have the tegiwa short shift and I find it's great for going from 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6 but it completely screws up my 2-3 & 4-5 shifts. I've asked about the buddy club before and got mixed stories, something think it's great other say is screws up gear shift timing. I suppose it's one of those things you need to try to see if it suits your driving or not

Thanks Shaenei that's good to know. I thought the Tegiwa on shortened the vertical movement?

Thanks Shaenei that's good to know. I thought the Tegiwa on shortened the vertical movement?

It does, that's why it screws up my 2-3 and 4-5 shifts as I'm going up and across, but the straight up and down shifts are fine

Ive done the Teg mod, and the aluminium bushing kit. Worthwhile mod, i dont have any problems shifting between the gears.
the bushing kit is a pain to do though, lots of swearing will be involved.

Ive done the Teg mod, and the aluminium bushing kit. Worthwhile mod, i dont have any problems shifting between the gears.
the bushing kit is a pain to do though, lots of swearing will be involved.

Cheers Berty, I think i'm going to go for it to be honest. I will get someone with more patience than me to fit it all though. :)

I am thinking about getting a short shifter for my ep3. The choice looks to be between either the neuspeed/tegiwa or the more expensive buddy club.

Just wondering what people opinions are of these and personnel experiences.

Do you feel they are worth the money? Easy to live with day to day..any problems?

Know it's an old post. Did you fit this yourself in the end? or get it fitted? Interested to know how easy it is to do :);)

It's really easy to do at home, no special tools required. It's a fiddle, and if you have big hands you might struggle. There's a 'how to' on here that tells you how to remove the gaitor to gain access, the rest is pretty self explanatory.

Back