• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

short shifter

hey! somebody recommended a buddyclub short shifter to me as a good mod but i dont really know what sort of benefits it will have to me. do i have to be running other supporting mods to make it beneficial to me? or will it still have effect standard.

A short shifter just shortens the throw when you change gear I think the standard throw is fine as it's already a short and tight throw, best I've experienced on the cars I've driven. It helps to speed up your gear change and helps eliminate crunching and wrong gear selection.

hey! somebody recommended a buddyclub short shifter to me as a good mod but i dont really know what sort of benefits it will have to me. do i have to be running other supporting mods to make it beneficial to me? or will it still have effect standard.

it just makes your gear shifts shorter, :lol: lol beat me to it shoonk^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive also been thinking about this. just done other mods first so it was put on the back burner. i read its 30percent quicker gear changes.

Ive got one, and its a pretty awesome mod for the money. think mine was £250 new, but they are cheaper if you can find a second hand one. As stated above, it shortens the throw of the gearstick, makes it feel firmer.

Ive been told Buddyclub have stopped making these so finding one might not be that easy.

buddyclub short shifter

I say get it fitted, be warned though its not to everyone's taste. Same applies to Ti gear nobs. Some like the weight some don't.

If you aren't happy you can always take it off & resell.

Nope but i got a weighted gear knob and took the bolt off and screwed the gearknob as far down as it could and it felt a little better.

Back