• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Should I Buy This Type-R?

What do you guys think of this NHB, leather seats too...
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...l=CIVIC&min_pr=8000&max_pr=11000&max_mileage=

Im confused as to what model this is, its facelift yeah? Is it the premier too? Im confused as to the year as well, the advert is contradictory.

Seems overpriced mind. Ive already been to see it but I had part-ex at the time, Id rather sell my Celica private and walk in with a bundle of cash and knock their price down...

It's a 53 registered in 2004 so it's registered in either Jan or Feb. It's a Facelift and nothing else. Premiers are 55's or later (I Think). Leather is rare but that does seem over priced but Mickey is the expert ;)

Its a nice example but very overpriced, for that year and mileage it should be around the £9,500 mark. I'm not sure if its a premier, hard to tell without seeing a proper picture of the back, the civic badge has a gold crown over it on a premier i believe. It is a facelift yes, you can tell by the headlights and front bumper. I see what you mean about the year being confusing, i can never remember when the 53 04 54 plates are registered, but its definitely a facelift and they were from '04 onwards.

Its a nice example but very overpriced, for that year and mileage it should be around the £9,500 mark. I'm not sure if its a premier, hard to tell without seeing a proper picture of the back, the civic badge has a gold crown over it on a premier i believe. It is a facelift yes, you can tell by the headlights and front bumper. I see what you mean about the year being confusing, i can never remember when the 53 04 54 plates are registered, but its definitely a facelift and they were from '04 onwards.

There is no gold crown on the Premier :confused: and the premier was released August 2005 onwards..mine is on an 05 plate.

I thought there was a gold crown.........or am i thinking of some limited edition or something? lol. im new to type R's, i forgot that premiers were from 05 onwards!! take everything i say about type Rs with a pinch of salt because im probably wrong!:lol:

Edit: or in this case definitely wrong!

Facelift CTR's were sold in Jan 04 with the addition of Cosmic Grey paint and the different lights/flywheel. Sept 03 - Dec 03 was the 53 plate pre-facelift end of line before the Jan 04 Facelift was born.

Cheers lads, I think it is overpriced so am not going to bother. I just need to be patient. The leather was harder than I thought, expected it being more comfortable than it was.

Im still deciding between Milano, NHB or Cosmic....

If I found either a mint NHB or Milano Id be happy

It`s that price because it`s at a Honda dealership. Cars for sale at Honda are always more expensive

I bought mine privately. 55 plate, 12500 miles, FHSH. And it`s a Premier.

The price? £201 more than that 1 :D

It`s that price because it`s at a Honda dealership. Cars for sale at Honda are always more expensive

I bought mine privately. 55 plate, 12500 miles, FHSH. And it`s a Premier.

The price? £201 more than that 1 :D

Now that sounds more reasonable, thats what I would expect for that sort of price tag!

Price aside, I'm really not a fan of the leather seats. When I started looking, I tried a CTR with leather and found them uncomfortable - got in the Recaros in a Prem and never looked back :D

At this rate I'll have the GruppeM before the car!! :D

The leather seats were definitely not what I expected. How good are the Premier seats compared to the standard, is there any side by side comparison pics anywhere?

Price aside, I'm really not a fan of the leather seats. When I started looking, I tried a CTR with leather and found them uncomfortable - got in the Recaros in a Prem and never looked back

Ditto. Leather looks smart as fukc :cool: but it`s uncomfortable

Recaros look smart as fukc :cool: and very very comfortable

Get a loan :twisted: :twisted:

Its all sorted ready - just need to call Lloyds and I magically get £10K in the bank, quite scary that actually! Im also selling £2000 worth of car audio for which I'll probably get 10% back in 2nd hand value but it will give that little bit of extra buying power....or for my GruppeM :lol:

Lloys you say? If you have online banking you don`t even have to lift the phone

I got £10500 in about 6 mouse clicks

Can`t say that`s not good pay :lol:

There is no gold crown on the Premier :confused:
You obviously don't know your Honda's very well:

Crown.jpg

Back