• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sidelights not working

Just a quick one, just been out and when I turned my side lights on I didn't see any light coming from the front, the rear lights and number plate lights work and full beam, but no sidelights. Is it uncommon for both to go, or has anyone had this issue before, any advice and guidance appreciated.

regards Carl

check fuse, in engine bay, right side. theres two, one for each side. should be 15Amp

( this is of top of my head )

if you take off fuse cover, flip it over, there on the right side, and look like

this...

>(] for left [)< for right

kindda... lol

Cheers mate, will check them in work tomorrow, was looking at changing the to t10 led's also. Any thoughts ?

Both of mine went about a month ago, I thought it was strange for both to go the same time. Both my bulbs blew but I replaced both bulbs and everythings been O.k since.

I have checked the fuse and its fine, so i will get some new bulbs, but i was thinking of swapping to led bulbs for both front side lamps and rear number plate lights, any thoughts.

Cheers carl.

yeh , there 501 sidelights. same for number plates.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Car-L...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eca5484fb

or similar
also. number plate lights easy to get off. if you look at them from an angel. it says how to get off . iirc its pop slide right, then it clips back in with left side.

p.s ( side lights are changed via the wheel arch, ) ( turn steering wheel the opposite way on the side your doing, clip off the 2 little black clips. pull back plastic and you can see sidelight wire & clip . ) unclip change, pop back in, theres youtubes videos of it I remember seeing aswell.

I purchased 2 501 led lights and they do look good, thanks for the step by step guide cabby tramp.

Im now going to change the headlight bulbs, but ive seen a guy on you tube (tech tuners) who fits 100w super white xenon bulbs, but will these cause any significant heat or damage to my wiring than the standard 55w in at present.

I wouldn't go too much, why not get a HID kit, you would need to find a kit for h1 bulbs ( if that's what your using ) you can buy a decent kit £20-30

I would get a hid kit if i was using the car much, but ive read some bad reports on them and people going back to using the standard set up, so i thought id look at the super white xenon bulbs, just a cheap way. But as i say is 100w too much

Back