• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Signs of a dead cat?!

Jak

Hey guys,

Had a problem a few months ago with constant fault codes popping up regarding both O2 sensors. I replaced the sensors and shes been running perfectly until now.
Milage is 102k with original cat and I purchased the car last November with 96k.

Seems very soon for the sensors to break!

Any help would be appreciated :) if I've left any info out to diagnose ask away.

Cheers

7110ffc41b2035a4dcf715caac69bddb0dc9de2727396580edfddd1ed6daff99.jpg

Sorry couldn't help..

Did you use genuine Honda sensors?

If they are aftermarket sensors they do tend to go very quickly. If they were OEM, I would suspect the cat. I think there is one in the for sale section at the minute. Might be worth it for a sanity check.

Lmao jimbo :p and they're NTK/NGK so good as oem quality I'd like to think.

If it is the cat, I've got a sport cat and manifold knocking about, plus I've just ordered a stainless mid pipe and oem style backbox. But will need a remap if I decided to put the sport cat and mani on :/ money money money!

Is there any sure way to test it is the cat? I had the mot start of November and it passed the emissions test if that was a factor?

Cheers loxy will have a gander :)

Get the code read again and see what it is saying. It'll certainly point you in the right direction.

you need scanner to watch live data and see the readings of the sensors,if the cat is knackered the downstream o2 sensor readings will fluctuate between 0.1 volt to 0.9 volt quickly,if the cat is good the voltage readings are quite stable around 0.45 volts you need a hot exhaust for the downstream to work effectively though,takes a few minutes fast idle to warm the sensor and cat properly, what is the fault codes you are getting?

Yeah I've already used the fault code reader, said sensor 1 bank 1 (pre cat I think) high voltage. Iirc it was code 137 or 132 :S

What engine are you running? Jdm or uk? If you have a JDM engine make sure you use wideband 02 sensors. Uk engines use narrowband, someone correct if i am wrong

Back