• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Silenced sportex b pipe and back box too loud?

Hi guys,

i hwge had the car for a while now and it has a sportex silenced b pipe and back box. My issue being is its not as loud as most but it's loud in the midrange and really annoying. Would changing the back box to standard quieten it down or is it the midsection?

Putting a standard box on will make it quieter but more raspy. Putting a standard centre section will also make it quieter but have a deeper tone.

Hope that helps

Ok, I didn't mind the noise but changes in work mean more time on motorways at which poin it drives me mad, might try a standard back box first before I replace the mid section as that is only 500 miles old

I have an M2 silenced centre section with a standard back box and I think it sounds great. Reasonably quiet when cruising but gives a nice sound when accelerating hard and using VTEC. Thinking of adding a Spoon N1 back box but I think it'd be too loud for my liking.

Back