• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

single or double DIN?

Im looking to upgrade my headunit and i want one with a screen. I have read that the double DIN units dont fit snugly or is that just a load of crap?

if this is true im thinking about getting a single din unit with a screen that pops up. What headunits are decent/ what do you guys have?

Double DINs fit fine in the EP3.

True Story.. ive seen lots of pics of double dins fitted "snugly" id like one myself ive only got a single din at the moment

Alpine do some good double dins... it depends what your after ? Sat Nav / DVD / Bluetooth / etc ?

all im really after is ipod connection and dvd. bluetooth isnt really a must have and sat nav would be good i suppose! any idea of any units that fit snugly in the ep3 ?

Doube DINs are all the same size, it's a standard. The only thing that will vary is the fascia and depth of the unit. What's your budget?

My Kenwood DD

Killer features:

- Garmin Sat Nav
- Parrot Bluetooth
- Rear USB
- DVD
- 6.1 touchscreen

IMG00033-20101016-1726.jpg

It's a kenwood dnx 5220bt. Just search first on google, kenwood do various models and various updates, my one is a few years old now, between 300 to 600 depend on model and erosion.

It's a kenwood dnx 5220bt. Just search first on google, kenwood do various models and various updates, my one is a few years old now, between 300 to 600 depend on model and erosion.

I think ill be investing in one later this year i like the look of it

my ep3 came with a double din in, took it and and put my old single din alpine in to get me through till i can get a double din alpine. the old head unit is currently a doorstop for my dining room ;)

Back