• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Siphoning fuel

Is there an easy way to siphon fuel from a petrol tank? I always thought it was just a case of sticking a hose into the filler cap, but there is apparently a ball type contraption fitted now so liquids can pass around it but a tube can't.

I'm not on the rob due to the fuel 'crisis' btw, I'm getting a full tank on the cheap at the weekend, but still have about half a tank left.

From experience from yesterday apparently some are impossible to do (they had the most trouble with Audi's) but the others they kept twisting the pipe to get passed the anti-siphon widget.

Anti-syphon contraption is there because...........................................................:lol:

I thought you of all people would know a way around it...

But in all seriousness, thought there may be a way to do it elsewhere, and that was just to prevent opportunistic scallys. Never mind. Will have to go for a drive to waste some petrol. Tough life.

Pull off your fuel filter and extend the outlet hose. Stick it in your desired container and turn your ignition on.

I thought you of all people would know a way around it...

But in all seriousness, thought there may be a way to do it elsewhere, and that was just to prevent opportunistic scallys. Never mind. Will have to go for a drive to waste some petrol. Tough life.

That makes no sense, you're going to waste the petrol you have so you can buy some more cheap?? :freak:

That makes no sense, you're going to waste the petrol you have so you can buy some more cheap?? :freak:

It's all explained above.

d4b78005-9931-c88f.jpg

It's the same price whether I get 25 litres or 50. Don't have to waste it, just mean it's an excuse to just go for a drive.

Back