• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Site maintenance Friday 9th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
I will be moving the site/forum to a new host on Friday, therefore it will be unavailable and I will put the forum into maintenance mode in the morning.

The work should take no more than a few hours and I hope to have it back up by lunch time. Post move I will apply the latest forum software and security updates.

If after that time it's not working for you, do a forced page refresh or clear browser history.

Thanks to Torque GT for hosting it for the previous few years.

Last edited:
The move has completed, I still have a few things to do on the server but the forum should be working fine. Please use Forum Support to report any issues you encounter. Thanks.

I finally got emails sorted, I couldn't figure out how to get the in built PHPmailer system working, therefore I've signed up to a free SMTP provider which allows a certain amount of emails a month to be processed. It should hopefully be enough, if not, I'll have to work out how to get PHPmailer working, or configure Postfix. I actually don't think email has been working properly since the site move in 2021!

Just as a change log:
  • The site now sits behind Cloudflare which should improve site speed as well as provide protection against any nastiness.
  • The Tapatalk plugin has been updated to the latest release.
  • The XenForo forum software itself has also been upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back