• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Skunk2 70mm & 74mm Pro Series Throttle Body....

Hey guys,

I have a EP3 Type R and I been looking at the Skunk2 Pro Throttle Body Range...

1. Worth it for the money?
2. Will this again be worth it for the money with everything else standard on the car... actually I have a AEM V2 Intake so I guess will it fit that or does it depend on the 70MM or 74MM?
3. Will it be a noticeable increase?

Shall I look into putting my money in other areas or do you think this is a good idea!?

Thanks.

JubeiTigeruk

I bigger throttle body is only really worth considering if you are going to increase the bore of the intake pipe and change to a RRC or RBC inlet manifold.

Basically a bigger throttle body will help get more air into the engine, but without a matching bore intake pipe, then you start to be restricted by what that can pull in and therefore render the larger throttle body useless. The inlet manifold is then needed to get the increased flow of air into the cylinders and if you don't do this, again you've hit a bottle neck and the larger throttle body is wasted.

The when you change the inlet manifold, have the larger throttle body and matched intake pipe, it is worth considering port matching the inlet bore on the block to the inlet manifold to get the full effect of the larger thottle body. Again due to the size of the throttle body you are talking about, the RBC/RRC would also need re-boring to match the diameter of the throttle body.

Then you have to consider if you are getting more air into the engine, you need to get it out better, so you need to add a race header and a good cat back to properly see the benefit of the bigger throttle body.

In short, there are a lot easier bottle necks to get rid of first before looking at a bigger throttle body.

Back