• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

skunk2 CAI

so i have mad my mind up on my intake an i am going for the skunk2 one. i have read that they are better when paired with skunk2 thrittle bodie and intake manifold so that will be the next thing to save for. i was wondering if anyone had fitted the intake or knew of any fitting instructions. thanks in advance

It comes with fitting instructions but they are made to fit the Civic Si so it needs adapting.

The battery needs relocating as per the Si which isn't a big deal but the loom needs a bit of unraveling, the intake pipe needs trimming as it is ever so slightly too long and won't fit otherwise. A hole needs to be cut on the back of the NS headlight so that the intake pipe does rub on that too ideally. Good intake once on though.

Don't bother with the skunk2 throttle body, they've stopped production as they were always sticking. If you can get one go FD2 throttle body with an RRC inlet manifold.

General consensus is the Hybrid Racing intake is much the same on terms of noise and gains but has the benefit of a hydrolock valve, so maybe have a look at that. :smt023

I didn't find there was no. You might get a tiny bit of heat soak sat in traffic on a really hot day but it wasn't hugely noticeable.

It's personal preference, go with what you want and does what you want.

in time i want to do some mods including manifolds and bigger exhaust then map it. will the hks be suitable for that?

Mine made 260bhp/180ftlb with the HKS and supporting mods (exhaust, exhaust manifold, TDi-North cams, FD2 balancer shaft delete kit, RRC inlet manifold, FD2 TB, driven crazy scoopin' and HKS heatshield). the HKS won't be the factor that holds your setup back.

thanks, going to go with the hks one then. Plus driving about at work tonight and all they has been is standing water so that put me off the skunk2 one. Got the link to a fitting guide please?

i have skunk2 cai on my Fn2))

5a671e9s-960.jpg

66e71e9s-960.jpg

d4e71e9s-960.jpg

a8e71e9s-960.jpg

40e71e9s-960.jpg

b1e71e9s-960.jpg

8ee71e9s-960.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What are your thoughts on the tegiwa box loxy? Would it be worth changing for more gains or is that as good as any?
Thanks

What are your thoughts on the tegiwa box loxy? Would it be worth changing for more gains or is that as good as any?
Thanks

Depends on what you are changing from. The Tegiwa box is a copy of the Mugen for the FN2 and they/it is one of the best on the market when combined with the fog light scoop. It doesn't add any drama in the form of sound, but it definitely one of the better performing ones.

I've had HKS, Gruppe M, Tegiwa and now Hybrid Racing.

Unless you're going with a 3" exhaust, cams, the lot then the Teg / Mugen box was best for me. Easy to fit, service and excellent throttle response.
HKS a close second if you like the roar but ensure you get a decent cold air feed.

I find the bigger intakes lose a little low down grunt and only shine higher up the rpm.

Back