• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Skunk2 Gear knobs cheap on eBay!

Just thought i'd mention i recently purchased what i thought was a universal chrome gear knob off ebay for £8.90 and assumed it was similar to the OEM knob. Recieved it today and it seems i have recieved a skunk2 gear knob.

See what you guys think.......

Attachments

• IMG_0959_zps07b59a93.jpg
    IMG_0959_zps07b59a93.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0960_zps094eb7c4.jpg
    IMG_0960_zps094eb7c4.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0962_zps85725b8d.jpg
    IMG_0962_zps85725b8d.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0961_zps60b49c4d.jpg
    IMG_0961_zps60b49c4d.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 136
The genuine ones have a matt finish as below.

SKUNK2_Weighted_6_Speed_Gearknob_440gms.jpg

It's like a dark chrome finish to it but as you say for £8.90 im fairly happy. It came from China so sounds reasonable it could be a fake lol.

Im not a great fan of funding people that are selling fake things, what if it was a fake set of lower arms, and they snap while you are doing 100+ mph?

Im not a great fan of funding people that are selling fake things, what if it was a fake set of lower arms, and they snap while you are doing 100+ mph?

2 phrases spring to mind.

Anyone buying cheap knockoffs of safety critical kit deserves all they get.
If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

2 phrases spring to mind.

Anyone buying cheap knockoffs of safety critical kit deserves all they get.
If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I do agree.

Not that im against some fake things, i know there is people that dont want to spend £50+ on a gearknob or other shiny part , but if your funding a company thats making sub standard cheap parts , then thats where it all goes down hill.

I had a `replica` short shifter in my eg6 and ek4 , and one snapped on the motorway coming back from one , the other at crail raceway!

I did the same and got the skunk 2 gear knob it's heavy and looks Mint if it's not real it's the best fake I've ever seen and for 8 quid pure bargain :)

I can understand what you are saying with lower arms for example, but for a "fake" gear knob? hmmm not sure about the argument for that 1! I cant imagine that I could change gear so hard that I snap the gear knob in half (although I did pull a door handle off a punto once) ..... Think I will take the plunge for £8.90!

Plus I have seen people selling these as genuine skunk gear knobs for £50ish. What is to say what you are buying is genuine elsewhere anyway? I dont know much about these gear knobs but just a query .......... Could these possibly be old level skunk gear knobs? They may have changed the design to the "matt" finish.

tbh skunk2 is just a weighted gearknob, if that replica is just as heavy then its practically doing the same thing. The original looks better but doubt the fake will snap under load anyway, that thick metal aint that crap is it? lol

PS: I have an authentic one which i paid under £20 3 years ago ( i think it was under £20, wasnt expensive).

It states 4 weeks for delivery on ebay, guess that's reasonable coming from China, very tempted by this but concerned on the quality...

Back