• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Skunk2 low profile rocker cover kit

Bought this kit, fitted it last night however I noticed when tightening the studs there didn't seem to be a torque setting and you could simple just keep turning the stud with the ratchet. It is tight on the cam rockers but not tight until you can't turn the ratchet anymore. I didn't want to carry on turning the stud in case it snapped. And I say this because while fitting the short studs to hold the spark plug cover down two of them sheared off under no pressure.

cant help but feel the materials used in the kit is not really man enough for the job.

has anyone else had issues with them?

It's something ridiculous like 8ftlb IIRC for rocker cover nuts. Thumb tight and 1/4 of a turn.

7.2 lbf/ft or 9.8 Nm. Chances are you've probably stripped the thread on the stud. They are a pain and happens often.

Don't understand why they are made from such flimsy metal. The reason I got this kit is because I sheared off a couple of the dome nuts I'd of thort they would have used hardened steel or similar?

dont think the thread on them is gone because it's all of them that continue to turn. There's no way I'm getting the ratchet back out on them because I know one will end up snapping then it's pain in the arse of a job.

I'm not too clued up on the install of them, but could it be that the studs which also hold the cam caps on, and the top chain guard are not tightened down, and hence just spinning?

Back