• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

skunk2 timing chain tensioner

thanks for the info, unfortunately i have moved it on now. i am hoping to use this aem unit i picked up....

Paul can tune the AEM I'm sure, he'd tell you to use a Kpro though!

i will do my home work guys, it aint all kpro:rolleyes:

True.

K100 works just as well as long as you don't want to datalog or you don't want to tweak your map (if you tuner didn't lock it that is).

K100 and KPro will give exactly the same figures, they are the same ECU. It is just a daughterboard that effectively hacks the OEM ECU allowing OEM parameters to be changed.

The difference is, K100 can only be tuned by aithorised Hondata tuners, KPro can be tuned by anyone who is brave enough. Also, you can datalog on KPro.

If you inted on getting someone like Mase to map the car, then you would need to get KPro, but if you stick to TDI North or other Hondata authorised tuners, K100 is ample. Unless of course, you have a desire to run datalogs yourself.

Ah, do you mean price? If so, give Paul at TDI North a ring, he'll talk your through it.

Ive just stuck with standard chain and tensioner with my charger id look at an uprated one if i ever put cams in.

as for as the AEM Piggyback, toss it, unless you have the AEM EMS full standalone, then keep it. Otherwise Kpro is def the way to go.

As far as the timing chain tensioners. We use OEM on 1000 whp cars :) we just replace it every season

Back