• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

slight miss fire on idle tick over

ty

hey all have a civic type r 2004 and have noticed that when i stop even when the car is warm (at a traffic light for example) i get a vibration up through the car like there is something stuck in the exhaust and it is trying to clear it have changed the air filter and no differance would it be the spark plugs goin? car has done 61k with full honda history and is standard? or is it just the cold weather? cheers any help..........

If it misfires you should get a Engine Management light come on? It's worth getting some new plugs though as i had a misfire problem recently and a full service and plugs seems to have sorted it.

yeah it just had a service but no plugs it says they dont need them till like 75k but that seem a long time to me lol, will try cheers

yeah it just had a service but no plugs it says they dont need them till like 75k but that seem a long time to me lol, will try cheers

Yeh mine had only done 62k and Tom at TGM said they looked fine but you never know so we swapped them any way and all is fine.

Back