• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

slight vibration/rattle on low revs

As title says have slight vibration/rattle when in low revs on releasing clutch when car is completely warm. There is a bracket near the air intake underneath and there's is bit of round runner sort of part thats wobbly any ideas..? Also could someone put pictures up for all the front engine mounts and where they are located cheers haz.

Just a plastic that is not attached to anything seems odd. Mount seems fine might have to check drivers side mount. Any ideas keep e up to date cheers

Gearbox side engine mount looks worn , you can tell the the cracks on the rubber, the engine side is oil filled and generally leak when fooked, there are two more mounts front & rear of engine maybe check them?

crowds

Gearbox side engine mount looks worn , you can tell the the cracks on the rubber, the engine side is oil filled and generally leak when fooked, there are two more mounts front & rear of engine maybe check them?

crowds

Right so the rubber thats had cracks inside will need replacing.. What will leak from there usually.. And how much for one of these parts genuine... Cheers haz

You can't buy the rubber, you buy the whole mount. It leaks a sticky black fluid.
Ask the traders in the Trader's Section for a price.

You can't buy the rubber, you buy the whole mount. It leaks a sticky black fluid.
As the traders in the Trader's Section for a price.

Cheers for that loxy shall I get it checked out first before changing?

It's up to you. It all depends on whether you're confident that is what is causing the issue.

It's up to you. It all depends on whether you're confident that is what is causing the issue.

I will get the inside rubber checked but that has nothing to do with that slight judder. Thats probably the drivers side engine mount. Is a slight jurk and judder characteristic of the clutch due to light flywheel?

I can still hear it and its coming from the front what sort of prices are these engine mounts anyone put links up for all the front and rear cheers.

I can still hear it and its coming from the front what sort of prices are these engine mounts anyone put links up for all the front and rear cheers.

Ask the traders in the Trader's Section for a price.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?130-Forum-Traders

Cox, Eight Speed, Funky Power, Grinspeed, H-Tune, Hendy, Tegiwa, TGM would all be able to help you. Get yourself in front of a phone and pick a couple to try.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?130-Forum-Traders

Cox, Eight Speed, Funky Power, Grinspeed, H-Tune, Hendy, Tegiwa, TGM would all be able to help you. Get yourself in front of a phone and pick a couple to try.

thanks for the links loxy there is no sign of anything leaking. but there is definitely a judder vibration from drivers side once engine is warm. what is the best way to check for engine mount problems and how can i check the front mount cheers.

I also get judder in reverse I'm not sure if I'm not holding the clutch properly on biting point or if its mounts but the clutch was done 10k miles ago by a decent independent who changed all the clutch kit and bearing with genuine parts I ordered from dealers.

Back