• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Slow forum!!

Can someone help me out and give me some idea as to what i can do to speed the forum up - what i mean by this is that since last Thursday the forum has started ages to load a page. I've had to wait for 2 minutes to get this page to load up and it's worse when i try to load up a page with loads of data on it like the T&A thread. I also have pages freeze on me when i try to scroll up & down them.

I've done the basics as far as my knowledge will take me like clear cookies, cache etc. I've also checked the broadband for both home and work and this all seems fine (i do not experience any of the slow issues with any other web site).

It's making me mad and is why i've not been on the forum much these last few days.

HELP!!!!

Could be a DNS issue, have you tried by its IP address?

I have NO idea what you just said :oops: and so therefore have NO idea how to check.

What browser are you using?

IE at home and at work. I can't change things at work because i have no control over that goes on with anythign IT related.

- If it helps either of you pinpoint my problem it doesn't matter what computor i view the forum on its the same result................slllllllloooooooowwwwwwww

I made the switch to Firefox years ago that was a massive improvement but two years ago I moved to Chrome. No going back it's such a nicer experience!

Try chrome at home.

I shall try this chap but whilst i know nothing when it comes to IT stuff i doubt its the browser i'm usuing because it's only TRO where i'm experienceing the problems! Dare i say it, the 'other' Type-r forum is working fine and as quick as it's always been. :confused::confused:

Right i've switched to Chrome at home and so far i'm impresse, things seem a little faster (although not out of this world) and i'd say probably not as quick as before. My problem is still with viewing at work where i cannot switch to chrome (or so i don't think) but being an IT noob i still cant help but think something is not quite right as one minute everything was ok, the next the forum was mega slow.

This is the same on all the PC's & Laptops in the office which is what makes me think it's a forum thing rather than a PC issue.

all pcs and laptops in one place would lead me to believe there was a problem with the internet at your work rather than the specific machine.

as you tried more than one machine in the office and it was still slow, you ruled out your work pc being the problem. my hunch would be a problem with your internet service provider to the office. if you have broadband then you can pull the power out of the internet router and plug it back in after a couple of minutes, the thing probably just needs a reboot. if it's a leased line (possible but unlikely), you can ask the it manager to reset the router, similar type deal. if still slow then it means the isp is having problems, maybe with your local telephone exchange, or some workmen have dug up the road and struck gold.

either way it will probably resolve itself in the next few days.

all pcs and laptops in one place would lead me to believe there was a problem with the internet at your work rather than the specific machine.

as you tried more than one machine in the office and it was still slow, you ruled out your work pc being the problem. my hunch would be a problem with your internet service provider to the office. if you have broadband then you can pull the power out of the internet router and plug it back in after a couple of minutes, the thing probably just needs a reboot. if it's a leased line (possible but unlikely), you can ask the it manager to reset the router, similar type deal. if still slow then it means the isp is having problems, maybe with your local telephone exchange, or some workmen have dug up the road and struck gold.

either way it will probably resolve itself in the next few days.

Being a noob as mentioned above rossy old bean i thought about this, I have had an issue recently with my PC at work and the 1st thing our IT support guys suggested was to reset the router which i done and so by process of elimination i would suggest this may not be the problem but i'll give it a go again and see what happens.

Also, thinking about it - if there was an issue with the broadband in general surley it would affect all internet browsing and yet the slowness i'm experiencing is only limited to TRO

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet it's your workplace using some wanky DNS servers, ask you IT guy to switch them or if you have access switch them to Google's DNS servers.

Back