• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Small problem

My brother has a Civic (bog standard one in EP shape) and on his way back from Blackpool his engine light came on. He checked the oil and there was none on the dip stick, so he filled it up.
The engine light is still on, does it need resetting or is his car bollo**ed?

Any advice would be appreciated ;)

Reset the ECU and see if the light comes on, could be anything really..

When Nick (Hasnic) shot my car, I left the CD player on all afternoon, and it drained the battery, after bumping it the engine light came on, it went off after I turned off the engine and re-started it. Engine lights can be triggered by the weirdest of things :lol:

Reset the ECU and see if the light comes on, could be anything really..

When Nick (Hasnic) shot my car, I left the CD player on all afternoon, and it drained the battery, after bumping it the engine light came on, it went off after I turned off the engine and re-started it. Engine lights can be triggered by the weirdest of things :lol:

Running an engine with no oil could be one of them? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is resetting the ECU same as always? Unplug from the battery for 30 seconds?

Cheers Dotty ;)

Yes, unplug the battery, or the fuse from the engine bay if he has ICE and does not want to interrupt the settings :)

What happened?

It just needed resetting ;)

He's booked it in for a service tomorrow as it was due at 45k and its on 52k now :lol::lol::lol:

Bad thing for him is ive got to take him work tomorrow down some B roads :twisted:

Back