• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Smaller (16") wheels?

Morning guys.

Who has 16" lightweight rims fitted to CTR? What profile (205/45/16 or 205/50/16) of tyres did you choose? Did you notice any difference in handling when you changed wheels from 17" to 16"?

Thanks in advance.
Tomek

Chap on the DC5 forum managed to run 15's on his with the OE brakes. Think they were the old style Team Dynamic Pro Race.

May be worth oing on EPhatch.com. I know it is a US forum, as thier SI's came I think with stock 16" rims many folks stick with that size. So worth having a look in the wheel/tyre section on the forum. Loads of info there. Bare in mind they are 4 stud on the whole.

May be worth oing on EPhatch.com. I know it is a US forum, as thier SI's came I think with stock 16" rims many folks stick with that size. So worth having a look in the wheel/tyre section on the forum. Loads of info there. Bare in mind they are 4 stud on the whole.

I spend last four hours reading.... :)

What 16" rims are the lightest (budget is up to £750 for four wheels and T-1R tyres)?

Hey, get off my 'Tash :lol:

I wouldnt know whats the lightest, but something like Buddyclub P1's, or 2nd hand volks/rays/advans/sprint harts might be your best bet.

Hey, get off my 'Tash :lol:

I wouldnt know whats the lightest, but something like Buddyclub P1's, or 2nd hand volks/rays/advans/sprint harts might be your best bet.

What's her name and surname? Usually I don't fancy blonde chicks, but she is lovely. :lol:

I would buy second-hand 16" rims, but there is little chance for that.

Natasha Marley.

She used to do adult entertainment, but now does more glamour modelling etc. Models for Ann Summers, Fast Car (G, hook me up! :D:lol:) etc

If you dont mind 16" 2nd hand wheels, your best off looking out on Ebay/Hondaevolutions/ITR-DC2 etc as they'll be more likely to run 16's than on here. That way you can get some decent branded ones for the money which will be very strong and light

Natasha Marley.

She used to do adult entertainment, but now does more glamour modelling etc. Models for Ann Summers, Fast Car (G, hook me up! :D:lol:) etc

If you dont mind 16" 2nd hand wheels, your best off looking out on Ebay/Hondaevolutions/ITR-DC2 etc as they'll be more likely to run 16's than on here. That way you can get some decent branded ones for the money which will be very strong and light
Cheers. :)

EDIT: Has DC2 wheel 5 studs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tomek, I may be selling by Black GT3's, as I have another set on the way, I wanted a colour change lol. I have not fully decided yet, but if you do not find anything else you are after.

The Rota rims are pretty sweet, and great quality (despite what may say). They are also pretty light. They are in excellent condition with the odd very slight stone mark on the lip. One of the advantages of running a small rims is good lip protection. To go along with cheaper tyres, lighter weight and all the other advantages. I would also look at the Rota Slipstream, Sub Zero and Clubstar.

Oh and Dinax I got a new Tash photo set through today at work :D :D

Hey Tomek, I may be selling by Black GT3's, as I have another set on the way, I wanted a colour change lol. I have not fully decided yet, but if you do not find anything else you are after.

The Rota rims are pretty sweet, and great quality (despite what may say). They are also pretty light. They are in excellent condition with the odd very slight stone mark on the lip. One of the advantages of running a small rims is good lip protection. To go along with cheaper tyres, lighter weight and all the other advantages. I would also look at the Rota Slipstream, Sub Zero and Clubstar.

Oh and Dinax I got a new Tash photo set through today at work :D :D

Thanks mate, I will consider your proposal (PM me your price please). To be honest I'm looking for very lightweight (under 6kgs), branded (Volk, Advan etc.) second-hand rims. As you know I don't even have a CTR yet, so I'm not in a hurry. ;)

Back