• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Smeary widescreen

My front window seems to always be minging although it is clean.

I have already changed the wiper blades to bosch and have given the screen a dam good clean using several window cleaning products such autoglym and turtle wax window cleaners.

Then tryed adding some rainx but its still smeary in gentle rain.

Anyone got any idea on what to do. Not too impressed with the rainx tbh. Works well when moving and not using wipers but its crap with the wipers on.

Thanks in advance for your help/ideas.

Clean with vinegar and use screenwash in the wiper water bottle

+ machine polish with AG car glass polish, then finish with AG Fast Glass. The 'Carlack' screen application is supposed to be a really good product, along similar lines to Rain-X but better.;)

When you've applied products, have you tried removing them and buffing with paper towels?

Clean with vinegar and use screenwash in the wiper water bottle

Any old vinegar? Have some malt vinegar that i have on me chips!

Got screen wash too, its almost as if there has been something applied before i got the car but what ever it is, its not good

+ machine polish with AG car glass polish, then finish with AG Fast Glass. The 'Carlack' screen application is supposed to be a really good product, along similar lines to Rain-X but better.;)

When you've applied products, have you tried removing them and buffing with paper towels?

Dont have a machine polisher but everything i have tried is applied and fully buffed off with both cloths or blue paper roll.

Going to try vinegar follow by some AG glass polish as have both here and see how that goes, if its an improvement then will get some carlack if its supposed to be better than rain x.

Used to be able to get rain wizard which came in what looked like a small pink dildo, that stuff was three times as good as rain x. Not seen rain wizard anywhere for some years now, miss that stuff.

Thanks for the idea guys, anymore welcome.

Little update, cleaned the screen with vinegar which made it nice and clean.

Still had some wiper hopping going on with the passenger blade so bit the bullet and went and bought myself some flat wiper blades from a motor factor.

Valeco blades, one 24" and a 16" which i had to cut a small amount of but what a difference they have made.

So far my favourite mods are my hids and these wiper blades, makes it so much nicer to drive in the wet and dark.

Good bump. :cool: I think the VW dealer cleaned the R32's windscreen with wax as it gets really smeary when the wipers are on.

I get that if/when the Skoda dealer cleans mine, i think they must use some sort of spray/wax, the wipers soon wear it off after a few days....

Back