• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Smithy's 2002 EP3 build so far

The third tyre choice is definatly the best imo, i like the thinner tyre look. I've got standard EP3 wheels painted black on mine and yet i've had the comment made of my tyres looking like rubber bands on the wheels LOL! Not sure it's that bad, but the 215/45/17 just doesn't look right in those pics! That candy red could look pretty cool on the Evo wheels too :wink:

These are a few pics of the HKS exhaust for Joe, sorry for late post mate been pretty busy

IMG_1077_zpsae0ac913.jpg

IMG_1076_zps2da5d0ce.jpg

IMG_1074_zpse8baa48f.jpg

IMG_1080_zpse111c78e.jpg

Hope they give you a better idea of style and fitment and as for the noise let's just say avoid hitting V-Tec in the early hours of the morning :eek:

Also why im here i will put some pics up of the car as it is now seeing as i spent 3 hours polishing it, hope you like

IMG_1075_zps397a1224.jpg

IMG_1078_zps2397ec25.jpg

IMG_1085_zps8f912bd9.jpg

Looks very smart. I was thinking about a HKS cat back. How loud are they?
I have the High Power silent system HKS Dave, it's extremely quiet up until 4k then all hell breaks loose. It's not a farting exhaust noise it's more of a deep bellowing noise, really does sound nice at high revs. I was concerned when I bought this as I do a lot of motorway mileage and didn't want to have a headache driving but like I say keeping the revs below 4k will keep you at a comfortable 80mph and keep the noise to a minimum. If anything my Tegiwa induction is just as loud as the exhaust so they are pretty well matched.

you have also asnwered my second question which was about the noise i think im going to buy one now i've always loved the HKS and finally seeing some pictures i think i have now decided thanks buddy :)

you have also asnwered my second question which was about the noise i think im going to buy one now i've always loved the HKS and finally seeing some pictures i think i have now decided thanks buddy :)
No problem mate, the build quality on the HKS is really good, it was a perfect fit with no modding necessary. The only thing I would suggest mate is double check what system you get, pretty sure there is a High Power system and a High Power Silent system? Think the silent is more expensive but I'd recommend that choice. Good luck with your build mate the EP3 really is a fun car and what makes it better is the K20 engine! V-Tec FTW!!!!

The car does look really smart mate and that exhaust is huuuge! Makes my Spoon N1 look like a pea shooter :D

Where did you get that boot mat? :wink:

Car looks really tidy, exhaust looks sweet, didn't realise they done the hi power silent for the type r.
I'm with Suggs , boot mat looks sweet, any ideas where it's from?

Yeah they do the Silent system but there really expensive, think retail they weigh in about £670 managed to get mine for half that. As for the Mats think you can pick them up on Ebay, you get all interior floor mats and the boot lining for about £90 or something like that :)

not too far from me. Maybe I'll see you around. Car looks well
was gonna message you the other day and see if your still around Dan, 24th of march there's a TRO meet at Santa pod, you fancy going? We can meet up and head down there?

did you say you picked up your Hi power silent exhaust for half of £670 if so were did you get get it from as i've look and yeah about £600-700 is the asking price on the Silent ones cheers mate :)

did you say you picked up your Hi power silent exhaust for half of £670 if so were did you get get it from as i've look and yeah about £600-700 is the asking price on the Silent ones cheers mate :)
Joe I got mine off Ebay mate, managed to get it for 370 as the seller didnt like the size of the back box. Had a result as it was only a few months old. If you do come across one of these going cheap I'd go for it but there are a lot of other good exhausts for the EP3s. I'd steer clear of the cheap ones off eBay I know they look good but for performance I don't think they would really do the job. Keep an eye out on the forums for people selling exhausts and eBay, better to buy a good exhaust second hand than a moody one that's brand new

lol i have got one on watch on Ebay but i went on the HKS website and there an approved dealer of their exhausts as yeah i dont wanna but a fake with poor welds and fitments ha ha yeah looks like you got a good deal on yours then mate ha ha

Good stuff bro, i myself have a set of enkei wheels with a custom powdercoat green on em. They fit so well and with the right height its tits. I would opt for the RRC manifold instead, few more gains to be had there!

lol i have got one on watch on Ebay but i went on the HKS website and there an approved dealer of their exhausts as yeah i dont wanna but a fake with poor welds and fitments ha ha yeah looks like you got a good deal on yours then mate ha ha
yeah mate try hold out for a good deal on that system then, it looks massive but you can get away with it as its a proper Jap motor. Try make your way up the TRO meet at Santa Pod next month mate, I will be up there :)

Back