• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Snapped Wheel Nuts

Right, after having a few new tyres put on it was brought to my attention that my car had the wrong wheel bolts fitted to it (tapered instead of rounded).

Now I've come to replace them and all's gone well apart from 2 on my front drivers side! I'm not sure if the garage had tightened them up too tight but they've snapped clean off the thread.

Just wondering if anyone knows the correct size of the nuts the wheels fit onto and if it is a simple enough job to do, any tips etc?

Cheeeeers!

*edit*

IMG_0307.jpg

^Here's how it's looking atm!

Last edited by a moderator:
You will probably find it easier and perhaps cheaper to replace the hub than to try and refit wheel studs.

You will probably find it easier and perhaps cheaper to replace the hub than to try and refit wheel studs.

This ^^^^

To swap the Studs in the front Hubs if I remember correctly, the Hubs have to come off and stripped down. I had to do it for the longer studs for my D2 Brakes. Ballache job.

Just buy a hub and save yourself a lot of hassle.

Rear Hubs are a lot easier, as you can knock the studs out without removing the Hub.

I was told there may be an inspection hole somewhere in behind the hub? If not then it looks like I will be getting a new hub altogether. What a ball ache!

Yeah they've just put them in as tight as possible just to be safe I guess, causing me alot of hassle!

Yeah they've just put them in as tight as possible just to be safe I guess, causing me alot of hassle!

more likely because they're lazy c*nts that can't be bothered to torque the nuts up properly so just use the air wrench!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hhmmmm, is it worth buying a second hand hub off eBay or would it be best to get one straight from Honda? One on eBay for about £45 atm, not sure how much they are new?

By the time you have removed the old one, pressed the bearings out and back in, you may as well have just fitted new studs.

But in a previous post, Tom said that in order to swap the studs, the hubs have to come off and be stripped down anyways?

Back