• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

so anyone tried the k-sport 8 pot yet?

startrack

Formerly type_r_lover
As per title, any reviews on the ksport yet?

http://www.ksport.co.uk/products.asp?f=brakes

They are cheaper than the StopTech, at £909.79 with the Ferodo DS2500 pads.

But are they any good?

On their website they show the S13 of Jez Horsham who won the time attack 2006 and using their kit. But what about day to day use. I mean track and show are one thing, but what about the use over time?

Just trying to gauge if the £1259 for the Stoptech kit are justified...

Last edited by a moderator:
You get what you pay for IMO.

AP and Stoptech kits maybe more expensive but what your paying for is the extra R&D, extra testing etc that will have gone into producing a kit with better materials, more rigidity and better heat dissipation properties. The difference is only a few hundred quid which is negligible for such an important item. If the difference were the best part of a grand or something then it may be worth considering the lesser alterantive.

I hear you mate. It's just that everyone seem to have the StopTech, and it would have been nice to get an opinion from a KSport owner.

I hear you mate. It's just that everyone seem to have the StopTech, and it would have been nice to get an opinion from a KSport owner.
I know what your saying, but with the Stoptech and AP kits being well proven I think many people will just stick to those brands for fear of ending up with an inferior product and wasting their money. Would be nice to hear from someone who has tried the K Sport kit. Either way I would expect it to be an improvment over the OE setup, but not as good as more established brands.

I did email them last year, and offer to test and return a set to give them impartial feedback over other brake kits, but they did not repy to any of my emails.

But as with others comments I have found with brakes, you tend to get what you pay for, this of course could be the exeption.

I've been having a read around some forums etc about these brake kits and it does sound quite promising. I've never had a go in a car with them on but here are just a few things i've found out:

They were designed in conjunction with AP. This means that they can use AP discs if you wanted to as the bells are the same. You can use lots of common brake pads, such as ferodo, mintex, pagid etc with them. The pistons in them are made in japan then shipped to taiwan where the caliper is then constructed, the pistons are smaller than say a AP 6 pot kit but due to there being more of them from what I can gather the overral piston sizes supposedley make it the equivalent to a 6 pot caliper from say AP. The calipers are very light I think about 5lb in weight.

I'm not sure at the mo if they will fit behind the standard ep3 wheels, but from speaking to them about it if they didn't fit then they would happily refund you for the kit once returned.

I've heard the stories about them being cheap and bad quality etc but i've only heard of one guy having cracked discs after some track use. My bro is running AP's all round on his evo and he's had to have the discs replaced after 1 track session so just shows even the big names have problems from time to time.

I'm seriously thinking of giving them a try later in the year as for the money they don't seem a bad buy. I'd like to have a go in a car with them first though.

Dave T.

.....the pistons are smaller than say a AP 6 pot kit but due to there being more of them from what I can gather the overral piston sizes supposedley make it the equivalent to a 6 pot caliper from say AP. The calipers are very light I think about 5lb in weight.

AP kits use different sized pistons to minimize pad taper. Out of curiosity do the K SPort calipers utilise the same design?

My bro is running AP's all round on his evo and he's had to have the discs replaced after 1 track session so just shows even the big names have problems from time to time.
I've heard recently that AP has changed it's supplier of discs and as such the quality has suffered. Don't know what is being done about this yet though.

AP kits use different sized pistons to minimize pad taper. Out of curiosity do the K SPort calipers utilise the same design?

I've heard recently that AP has changed it's supplier of discs and as such the quality has suffered. Don't know what is being done about this yet though.

Yeah I had a look a took a pic of the calipers on Sunday at Silverstone they have 2 different sizes of pistons. Not sure if it's the same as AP's

Ah that might explain it, he had a hell of a wait for them originally as well. From the sounds of it they can't make the brake kits fast enough at the mo.

Dave T.

There appear to be a little dodgy dealing with Ksport brakes (ssuming its the same company that were listed on a fax I saw at a garage I work for) at the mo , so just beware:(

Back