• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

So I bought the halfords car polisher and here we are . . .

So I decided to buy the Halfords car polisher for £35 I know a lot of people don't rate this product at all and I have no idea why, I have the new model though and maybe this is why, this is the first time I have polished a car so maybe its not perfect but i'm really over the moon with the results, let me know what you guys think and if you think it actually looks like its worked, I will first put the pics from after I polished then I will put the pics after I sealed it, all I used was the Halfords £3.50 polish as it was my first time, then I sealed it with tropical red mist. Let me know what you think good or bad :D

Polished

Sealed & Polished

I think it looks great but then I'm no expert when it comes to polishing! I've only ever done it by hand! May give this a try though!

My only problem is I don't live on a street and my car is in a carpark 20 metres away! There is a 12v cigarette lighter socket version but I'm guessing this will be way underpowered!

ohh I see yeah, I did read a few times that the 12v version is still pretty powerful and actually easier to get in and out of places, as the 240v I got is a fair size. I suppose you could always get it & if u feel its not powerful enough take it back?

that looks brilliant,
How is it to maneuver around avoiding plastics?

Not got round to doing mine yet but from previous use I found Auto glym clay bar was incredible for a good finish aswell.

that looks brilliant,
How is it to maneuver around avoiding plastics?

Not got round to doing mine yet but from previous use I found Auto glym clay bar was incredible for a good finish aswell.

it moves around great it didn't catch the plastics at all, I haven't tried the auto glym clay bar yet I will have to give that a bash, I have used the dodo clay bar and the Maguire's clay bar and they both seem great.

Hey mate that is a great finish. I have never machined polished my NHB but will have to give it ago after seeing yours :D Lovely looking car. I think a nice CF spoiler would look amazing on your car and give some contrast to the red.

Thanks mate :D you really should it will look great and give a stunning shine with black!, and yea I agree the cf spoiler would look great and also a mugen splitter lol :p

Looks good.

I think the main difference between this polisher and the expensive ones is you will not be able to do paint correction (I.e. getting rid of swirls/holograms) correctly. That being said, you'd have to get up pretty close to notice it, so it hardly matters

Nice job mate, come out really nice always look at the polishers in Halfords but always been hesitant about buying, might give one a go after seeing your pics, my cosmic could do with a good clean :)

Is this the Halfords polisher that just vibrates?

I have the DAS polisher and its great for getting swirls and scratches out, seems the halfords one worked for you however i'd like to see it under a lightgun. Yes I have OCD on detailing lol looks good though, think its can be every more deeper red and shiny

Nice job mate, come out really nice always look at the polishers in Halfords but always been hesitant about buying, might give one a go after seeing your pics, my cosmic could do with a good clean :)

I read bad reviews about it and the deeper I looked into it it seemed that it was the old version which was blue, now the new version is green and slightly different shaped, they had put the old one at the front of the shelf though but I went behind lol ;) , im happy with it and considering I only used the Halfords brand polish for £3.50 it came out amazing lol

Is this the Halfords polisher that just vibrates?

I have the DAS polisher and its great for getting swirls and scratches out, seems the halfords one worked for you however i'd like to see it under a lightgun. Yes I have OCD on detailing lol looks good though, think its can be every more deeper red and shiny
yeah it is mate its the new version though, I wouldn't say its removed any swirls or scratches but then again I only used basic Halfords branded polish for £3.50 lol

Looks like a decent job for £35.

However, the black wheels with red edging is not to my liking.
Dont like the smoked rear lights either, looks a bit boy-racer.

Each to their own though. You probably dont like standard. :)
Fair play for customising it to your liking - it is your car after all.

Back