• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 Sold the ATR and moving on....

Well since the ATR forum is down I thought I'd say goodbye on here.

I only owned the ATR since July and can honestly say it was a fantastic car and ticked all the right boxes except power. I did tinker with the idea of selling it to get a normal family car and a tracktoy in the form of an M3 at first, then a V6'd Mk1 MR2. In the end I've plumped for an E36 M3 Evo saloon for road and track.

The ATR was taken away today and I've already tracked down the perfect M3 which I hope to get before the New Year. Thanks to the ATR forum and various of its members for all the information, advice and, of course, banter. I can honestly say the ATR forum is the best of the various forums I've visited and used and it's a credit to the members.

Sad to see you leave Lee, all the best with the M3.

I'll tell you like it is here mate, my buddy owned an E36 M3. Good car, not that quick, handles well on the track, but awful on common everyday roads, especially in the wet, appalling fuel consumption but one fantastic soundtrack, thats for sure.

Financial suicide for everything that ever needs replacing, which is great if you have the funds.

Cheers all. I certainly will miss VTEC, the fine chassis and the assuredness of front wheel drive. However, I won't miss the huge lack of torque and the way you have to drive it like you stole it to have any 'good' amount of fun!

I'm really looking forward to getting back into a car with 300+ bhp although this time the car is nearly 200 kgs heavier. However, having the challenge of RWD is something I'm really excited about. 4WD (in the three Scoobies I've owned) was fantastic fun in all conditions (most fun in the worst, icy conditions when you could 4 wheel power drift). FWD was also fun but mainly in the dry. A powerful RWD is something I've always wanted and now is the time!!!

300 bhp e36 m3 i dont think its 300 its about 260 im sure in good conditon,
stunning car though did you test drive it???

300 bhp e36 m3 i dont think its 300 its about 260 im sure in good conditon,
stunning car though did you test drive it???

Depend's wether it's an E36 EVO, non-Evo's are around 286bhp, the Evo's are around 321bhp iirc

yeah ure kinda rite though i checked rolling road results m3 e36 and the resluts that came up a few mention the evo just below 300 though these are cars with a few miles on them

with that said some guys is also selling an m3 evo with a claimed 350 bhp standard

321 bhp or not, the oft hallowed Evo magazine figures have the car clocked at 0-60 in 5.4 and 0-100 in 12.8. That's 300+ bhp performance in my book any day.

321 bhp or not, the oft hallowed Evo magazine figures have the car clocked at 0-60 in 5.4 and 0-100 in 12.8. That's 300+ bhp performance in my book any day.

5.4 is a little generous, who evers quoted that from evo.

At the time Chris had the m3, I had a Pulsar GTi-R and upto 60, he could get know where near.

A little optimistic to say the least.

I would check out some youtube vids if you think they'll crack 60 in 5.4 mate, because they dont.

5.4 is a little generous, who evers quoted that from evo.

At the time Chris had the m3, I had a Pulsar GTi-R and upto 60, he could get know where near.

A little optimistic to say the least.

I would check out some youtube vids if you think they'll crack 60 in 5.4 mate, because they dont.
Rapid, if Evo mag says 6.1 for the ATR (and it's true), then it's also true that it's 5.4 for the M3 (unless I'm reading it wrong on the magazine page in front of me) ;) Personally the 0-60 time means bobbins to me. What matters more to me is the 0-100 time. I can quite believe the 0-100 time having played with a few M3s on trackdays in my old STi version 4.

Back