• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sombody stop me now please!

I think I'm having a relapse

0110res.jpg

Maybe a small one, say Saturday July 20th at Oulton Park.

Seano

That front bumper looks practically OEM it looks that good (I have no idea if it's actually OEM - I'm new to Honda's)

Oh she's a right mongrel of ever changing bits!

Lets see, the bumper was originally on the 02 plate System R drag car (in milano). Then it was on my Baby ROTREX (53 plate) in satin silver, now its on Spirit in cosmic. The grill is original from Baby IIRC although I think I may have had Scott Whitelaws and Dave Thorpes ones on at various times! I've opened up all of the holes to allow air to flow through the front oil coolers.

I've just made the big lip splitter and just need to put the quick release clips in at the weekend. I've already made c/f tabs and put the catch plates on the car. I really want to be able to get the front on and off quickly to allow cooling between sessions and to make it easier to get on and off the trailer.

Seano

Oh and the bonnet is ex Adam Buckley turbo drag car. Suspension is off Ollie Crawford's Time Attack car.

Got tied up with other things so now I need to step on it!

Finished the new frame that supports the oil coolers and will have end caps that the front clips to - this carbon fibre malarkey is quite addictive.

DSC_0112rs.jpg

DSC_0113rs.jpg

Oh well at least its going back together but I hate tinkering with the boost pipes!

And she's back on all 4 wheels (looks so much nicer on 17's)

Seano

Phew I don't make this easy on myself! I'm feeling a bit old and knackered tonight - well I am actually! Anyway I'm making progress, the oil cooler frame is built and the side over centre clips work (the silver/red button below the Hel\Blitz stickers).

Here I am working out where to drill the front over centre clips using laser lines. I've had to slightly modify my design as the top edge of the hangers fouled on the 3D curves of the front, but I should finish this on Wednesday night. I've chamfered the top edges and will now invert the brackets whcih should make the clips look nicer on the front.

DSC_0114rs.jpg

As my old bones ache, my Mantra tonight is that if it was easy, anyone could do it and if anyone could do it, I wouldn't bother.

Seano

Back